Sunday, November 8, 2009

Coin quilt completed!

I finished up my Heather Ross coin quilt this weekend. I had been [slowly] working on the binding, which I chose to sew by hand. Friday I suddenly had a lot more time on my hands, due to a nasty sore throat. Most of the day was spent sewing on the couch.

I chose to back the quilt in the same cotton/linen blend I used as the front sashing (Essex blend in linen) and the binding in a solid forest green Kona cotton that I had in my sash. I really wanted to keep the binding and sashing simple in order to highlight the HR fabrics.

5 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this quilt and want to make one too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and nice choice of colors for the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the simple quilting - it totally enhances the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to show off all of the HR fabrics you have collected. I just love how she has quirky little characters and it would be fun to spot them in your delicious quilt. Just found your blog today actually...late to the 'scene' but glad.

    ReplyDelete