Friday, March 5, 2010

more swaps

It has been a very busy week. We sold our house and are hopefully moving next weekend (yikes!), so every morning has been spent packing. Well, 2-3 hours is all I can really handle at 5 months pregnant. And I'm really thankful for my Mom, who has been helping me everyday.
Afternoons have been spent sewing, which has been wonderful. Tuesday I finished my pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap. I made an 18 inch pillow cover out of paper-pieced, 2 inch hexagons. I really really enjoyed making it. It was a nice relaxing project, and I enjoyed all of the hand-sewing on the couch. I cannot wait to make one for myself!

Wedesday afternoon I sewed three blocks for our Bee-autiful quilting bee. March is Amber's month, and she requested blocks inspired by Denyse Schmidt's Drunk Love quilts. Aren't her color choices just beautiful? I can't wait to see the finished project.

So now I am all caught up on my swaps for now! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. That pillow is gorgeous - I have waited until the last possible second and will be working on mine tomorrow...and my blocks - eeek!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillow! And wow, you already made March's blocks! they are wonderful! Better get going on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely blocks and the cover is great! Congrats on your house sale. =)

    ReplyDelete