Monday, January 17, 2011

Crossroads Pillow


Here is my latest pillow.  Do you get sick of seeing all of these pillows?  I hope not, they are one of my favorite things to make. They are nice, small projects that allow me to be creative while using techniques, color combos, and patterns I may not typically use.


This is one of four pillows that I made for a friend.  She wanted blues and browns to match her living room.  I tend to choose brighter colors for myself, so I really enjoyed working with this color palette.  This is an Arkansas Crossroads block, and I tweaked the dimensions to make it a 20" square.


Hmm... I'm thinking this block would make a wonderful scrappy quilt, right? 
Here is a quick shot of it on the couch. 


Yes, that is a very cool creation made out of blocks from my four year old in the background.  And the laundry waiting to be folded (where did that laundry fairy go?).  And the Christmas tree.  Are we the only ones who still have ours up, I wonder?  I'm always sad when I have to take it down.  Good thing my husband feels the same way.  What a great guy.

Hope you have a great Monday!

xo, Ang

16 comments:

  1. nope - keep 'em coming! love to look at them (my fingers start itching to sew some myself)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love pillows, too, for the very same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pillow....hope to get my sewing machine out soon to work on some projects myself....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know we love your pillows! Hey, you should totally enter this one into Blogger's Pillow Party. I wouldn't be surprised if it won. Innocent Crush, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never ever get sick of your projects - even if you only made coasters :) Keep em' coming... love the inspiration and modern ideas I get each time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! I like making mini quilts and pillows for the same reasons you mentioned. I am also terribly sad each year when it is time to take down the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pillow! I love the pattern you used for the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those colours together! And my Christmas tree..............long gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely. You have some great fabrics in that block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your Wordless Wednesday post last night, and make a block for a pillow last night. I've got to quilt it and sew it into a pillow for my mom's birthday which is Friday. Thank you for the inspiration!! I think it would make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, my Christmas tree is still up. Not so much because I don't want to take it down--although my 3 year old wants to keep it. I just don't want to go through the hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice!

    And you are my hero - anyone who can quilt a queen top on a standard sewing machine deserves a crown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really beautiful, the blues and the linen go so well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great pillow, thats one of my favorite quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this pillow and agree it would make a great scrappy quilt. Too many ideas, not enough time... I bet your friend will be very happy with this one, can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete