Friday, February 18, 2011

back in business

My thread arrived yesterday afternoon.  I am done whining, I promise.  For now at least.  Now I can get back to my AMH quilt.  I can't wait to have it finished.  It may be my favorite quilt that I've made.  Do I say that about every quilt?  Oh, probably.


I am still chugging along on those Hope Valley string blocks.  I decided to take a break from them the other afternoon (the monotony of them sometimes drives me nuts!) so I made another Single Girl block for a second pillow.  This will go on Finley's twin bed along with the string quilt.  I also have some pink pom pom trim to use on this one.  Since so many of you asked for it, I'll try to take a few shots while I make the pillow and whip up a little tutorial on the art of pom pom trim installation.  I hope you sense the sarcasm in that statement, it is rather simple. :)


I hope you have a great weekend and that you get to squeeze in some sewing!

xo, Angela

PS - Here's the first Single Girl pillow, in case you missed it!

9 comments:

  1. you're killing me! so cute! i had no idea how big one ring was until your pillow arrived in the mail!

    love this hope valley one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love! Will be so cute on her bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thread!! I love Finley's pillow. So gorgeous. I think you can just keep making Single Girl pillows and I won't ever get tired of seeing them. Seriously! And... more pom pom trim please. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you kidding me??? this is just as adorable as the first pillow! i have got to get this pattern! it is so cute! i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I made the right choice in picking Hope Valley for my Single Girl quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh...another beauty! I can't wait to see it finished! oh and I have a crush on pom pom's ever since I saw your first pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for thread! I'm just about finished choosing my fabric for the quilt along and am nearly done prepping the pieces so I'll be cutting next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those spools of thread look so pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeh - you say it's simple, but I'm waiting on your pom pom trim tute before I sew any onto my pillow, because what the heck do you do when you turn a corner?

    Confused from England.

    ReplyDelete