Monday, March 21, 2011

mug rug madness

FMF mug rug!
Mug Rug Madness is kicking off today over on Erin's blog, and I hope that you will be following along!  She will be featuring projects and tutorials by some talented bloggers for the next week and a half, and I'm so happy to be included in the party.  I thought I'd share a few mug rugs that I have made for you on this (rainy) spring morning.

Christmas Tree
So what is a mug rug?  I like to think of it as an oversized, quilted coaster for your cup.  They are big enough to hold a cup of your favorite drink plus a little snack.  They are a fun way to dress up your desk or coffee table, and I think they make great gifts.  People are really into mug rugs, and there is a swap group over on flickr that has 600+ members.
another one.
I love making these mini quilts.  They are a quick, satisfying project that can be made in a day and a perfect way to try out new colors schemes and techniques.
a scrappy mug rug
 Be sure to check back in tomorrow!  I'll be sharing my latest mug rug along with a fun tutorial so that you can make your own.  See ya then. :)

xo A

11 comments:

  1. such cuteness! i love small projects since they bring quick satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i really want to make one to teach myself to machine quilt and bind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are super cute!! love the rooster one!! i so love roosters! jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Farmdale (partly at least) rug - very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All four are so cute. I'll be looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. My favorite is the Dresden Plate. You always do such fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait! I love these little buggers. Love that new sunshine one. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked some of my all-time favorite mug rugs to put in this post! ;] Gorgeous, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so cute! I'm looking forward to following along, I've never made a mug rug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't you so glad mug-rugs were invented/discovered?? What a great way to showcase little ideas, different techniques or to just try something new (that can be done in an hour or so). I will never tire of seeing new mug-rugs!

    www.sewrayme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete