Friday, March 18, 2011

selvedge zipper bag


In case you haven't noticed, I am a very big fan of selvedges.  Apparently you all are too!  I've gotten a ton of emails about this selvedge zipper bag I shared over at the Fat Quarterly blog.


This zippered pouch is something I whipped up one afternoon a couple months ago.  I think it is a fantastic way to display pretty selvedges, and it is super handy.  I take it with me everywhere.  Last weekend I used it to haul my rotary cutter, scissors, needlebook and thread when I went to sew with my friends.  Right now, it is full of my current cross stitching project (pattern from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery- they are they cutest!)


I'm hoping to write this up in pattern form and sell it in my etsy shop.  I have quite a long list of sewing deadlines coming up, but as soon as I can manage, I will get to work on it.  I just wanted to let you know.  To those of you who are waiting for the pattern, I promise I didn't forget!  If you don't see a post about this soon, feel free to hold me accountable to it. :)


xo Ang

10 comments:

  1. I'm completely selvage obsessed. so far I have mostly made pincushions but I definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad so many people are loving selvedge's these days. Im a new quilter and started saving them from the beginning due to the blogger influence of creative people like you :) Most of my projects have been with pre-cuts but I'm looking forward to having enough selvedge scraps to making something cute like your bag! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! I regret throwing all my selvages away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a massive ziplock full of selveges that I'm always looking for ideas for - your zippered pouch looks great! So nice to be reminded of all those fun prints every time you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. go you that is quite the project for just whipping it up...it looks beautiful, and must be so fun to take your projects and supplies around in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's so cute...I never have enough salvages for those quilt projects I see, and I love your smaller solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i have been collecting these selvage strips... not enough for something this cute though

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually like selvedges...but this zipper bag is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute bag! You've given me a great idea for the multitude of scraps I've been saving!

    ReplyDelete