Friday, March 4, 2011

single girl progress


I've been busy working on my single girl quilt all week, and I am really enjoying it.  As you can see, I decided (finally!) to go ahead and use my Sherbet Pips layer cake along with a Moda Bella solid in gray.  I didn't have quite enough of the pips, so sweet Cathy from Wondrous Woven Fabrics was kind enough to send me an extra charm pack to use. 


 I am making a twin sized quilt and am a little more than halfway done with the quarter blocks shown.  I don't mind piecing the curves at all, but I definitely recommend using a lot of pins.  It takes more time, but the finished result makes it well worth the extra effort.

I ended up adding a couple other pieces of fabric to even out the color scheme, and I think it is turning out very well so far.  For those of you looking for coordinates, I used a by white pin dots on aqua by Leicen, a pink solid from Pure Elements by Pat Bravo, and honeycomb in pink by Joel Dewberry.


I really can't say enough about Sherbet Pips.  I really love every print and color, and it is as charming as you might imagine.  There has been a lot of positive hype about this line, and in my opinion, it is all true.  I really love it.  Precuts are available all over the web right now, in case you were hoping to get your hands on some. 

Okay, I'm off to play with the kiddos.  Hope you have a great weekend friends!

xoxo, Angela

15 comments:

  1. totally adorable! the mix of colors are set off perfectly with the gray.
    hope you have a great weekend, too!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute, Angela, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!!!!
    I badly want to start a single girl too but I know if I do I won't put it down til it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's coming along so nicely! You are quick! I am looking forward to some Pips yardage. I may have to get some precuts in the meantime though. Your quilt will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Angela! The color combos are great. The more you show us with the Sherbet Pips the more I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a beauty Angela! I'm almost ready to debut my fabric choices! (I'm so behind.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, let me know if you need more Pips. I have some layer cake pieces I could spare (not any of the fun ones LOL). Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm still cutting out my templates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Looks like there was enough fabric? Looks awesome with the grey background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I can't stop smiling, your quilt is going to be so cute! {I want the embroidery patterns, too! Sherbet Pips is such a sweet design!}

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg stop it with your sherbet pips! i'm so jealous. i can't wait til next month. lovely work - the grey is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is stunning...i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angela!
    I just found your blog and I'm in love with your work ;)
    This quilt is getting amazing, I love the fabrics you've used.
    Do you know how many charm packs do I need to make the single girl quilt?

    ReplyDelete