Tuesday, March 15, 2011

weekend sewing

Hey friends, how are you?  I hope that you all had a nice weekend.  Mine was really great.  I got to spend the weekend sewing with two of my favorite friends from bloggy world, Jessica and Jeni!!  We had the best time.  Lots of sewing, chatting, eating, and shopping.


Jessica made both Jeni and I two beautiful gifts- a needlebook (a la Jaime's pattern) and this sweet pear pincushion.  They are extra special because her daughter helped make them, too.


And from Jeni, this lovely piece of vintage Pyrex!  How pretty is this?  I love the color, it is the perfect shade of pink.  I think I'm going to put it on Finley's dresser.


It was nice to spend time with the girls, and just as nice to come home to the family.  This was my first time away from Finley, and she was a champ of course.  This is what I came home to (I love it, isn't it the best?) 


Back to the weekend sewing... I finished up my Single Girl quilt top and I'm so excited about it! 


Now that it is all done, I will be waiting impatiently patiently for the Sherbet Pips yardage to come out.  I'm looking forward to buying some of my favorite prints for the backing.



xoxo Angela

22 comments:

  1. Oh, your quilt top is wonderful! The picture of your homecoming is very sweet. My littlest is 21 months and my husband is still not ready for me to go away for more than a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that pear pincushion is precious! But so not as cute as your beautiful daughter! I'm not able to leave my son yet and he's two! You're so brave :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You FINISHED your Single Girl top this weekend?!?! I am so jealous and it is so fantastic Angela! I'm 1,800 miles away from mine and can't work on it for another week. Pips for the back too - yah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness gracious it's so freaking cute! i had already forgotten how unbelievable it is! :)

    seriously such a fun time having you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your single girl quilt looks wonderful! I am not even close to that far with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!! I LOVE the quilt top, just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pictures in this post! Haha. And your single girl quilt came out gorgeous - I'm nervous to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful quilt! and your fam is so cute. sounds like you guys had fun meeting up, :( wish I could have joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously wonderful. And I think that this fabric line is perfect for a non-christmasy christmas quilt. I can't wait to see it all quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I can't believe you are that far on SG!! Like Mary, I'm totally far, far away from the finish. I think sewing weekends with friends are THE.BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh.my.goodness..how adorable is Finley?! What a baby doll! :) Your quilt is gorgeous! :) ...vintage Pyrex...ohhh, right up there with pompoms, you know?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt top looks great!!I love the needle case too - may have to whip one up myself!! Finley is very sweet and itssonice to be back when you've been away isn't it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great time! Your quilt is beautiful.

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great weekend! :-) I love your quilt top! I'm looking forward to see which prints you choose for the backing. And you got such cute and generous gifts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute, they look like they had a great weekend too! I love the Single Girl top - it's gorgeous. I also love the toaster print on the needlebook - do you know what print that is? I would love to find some & make hexies with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Angela!
    Your Single Girl top is pretty nice! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you guys had a blast!!!! woohoo!!! Your single girl quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughter is so adorable!!!!!!!
    And wow, you stitched up your SG fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt top turned out so nicely!
    Vintage pyrex collecting recently came to my attention, and I'm fighting the urge so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i bet you girls had a blast - how fun that you managed to plan a get together!

    love your single girl quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love your Single Girl quilt. I think it's the cutest one I've seen so far!
    Your daughter is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete