Saturday, March 5, 2011

welcome to the family


I had the most fabulous mail week in terms of fabric.  After working with Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush for my kaleidoscope quilt, I realized that I had to get ahold of some of her older lines: Garden Party and Good Folks in particular.  After doing some online browsing, I realized that I could only get them by shopping at several (like 6 or 7) different stores.  That isn't very cool, that is a lot of shipping to be paid!! 

Garden Party by Anna Maria Horner

Instead of spending all of that money, I decided to swap for it over at the Designer Fabric Swappy Poo group over on Flickr!  Have you been there yet?  I offered up a lot of fabric that I wasn't using (old Heather Ross, Flea Market Fancy, Wonderland etc) and was able to get both lines.  These pictures are just one of a few packages that I received from some generous swappers.  This package was especially fun to get- it carried a complete FQ set of each line, and it came all the way from a lovely sewer in Alaska.

Good Folks by Anna Maria Horner

Now I have around a half yard of almost every print in each line, and I have some big plans for these beauties.  For the Garden Party, I'm thinking about a snail trail quilt like this or this, and for the Good Folks, maybe this pickledish.  Oooh, or maybe a one of these.  I just bought the pattern the other day.


For now, I'm going to finish up my single girl quilt, and then this string quilt.  And admire these pretties, of course.  Aren't they the best?

xo, A

11 comments:

  1. Wow that is an awesome package to get in the mail for sure! Def. better to swap than buy... and Im sure the recipients of your trades are super happy to have them too. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I've made whole quilts out of these lines, I'm totally jealous of your GP collection!! What a fabulous score. And if you do ever decide to make a Bohemian quilt, let me know. I don't have much left but there's definitely small pieces I can send your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Good Folks is my all time favorite fabric line, and I just love AMH's colors and designs all around. What an exciting box to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, You're an Anna fanatic like me! I love the Snail Trail quilt and I plan to attempt one here very soon. Have fun with all of that AMH fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.gosh.i.am.so.jealous. I love those lines! I just didn't want to pay all teh shipping to shop from so many different stores. I'll have to check out the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to get some fabric. I have a lot of her Chocolate Lollipop but I sure would like Bohemian.

    And I REALLY want to make The Proverbial Quilt. Haha. It looks equally as slow-going as Single Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, truly THE BEST. Those are my two favorite lines EVER. Gosh, I love them know matter how many times I see them. What a great trade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man, that has got to be the best feeling to open that box and see all those pretty colors and fabrics! soooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a lucky, lucky lady! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific haul! I know you'll make something absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great POP of spring...especially with the weather this week. That would be the BEST kind of package to receive!

    ReplyDelete