Sunday, April 10, 2011

a little Habitat...


I cut up my Habitat this week.


I am pairing it with the beautiful Moda crossweave in natural. 


Isn't that crossweave amazing?  Looks like linen, but plays a little nicer.  Love it.


I made 48 bowtie blocks that are 12" finished.  I love these blocks.  Simple and easy to make, but very effective.  I needed some simple sewing, it was nice.  After my Sherbet Pips Single Girl, and quite a bit of pattern writing (which has been keeping me very preoccupied), the simplicity was so wonderful.  It was kinda nice to not have to think.  Just sew.  I need that every now and then. 


I am almost finished with the quilt top.  It will be a new throw for the living room, so I am excited for that.  However, it'll have to go on the back burner this week.  I have some projects to finish, and some yardwork to do as well.  We have a few days of warm weather coming our way before another cool down, so I better take advantage of that.


Hope you all had a great weekend!
xo A

9 comments:

  1. Wow! these fabrics are GORGEOUS! can't wait to see them in a finished quilt! I have a feeling I'm going to get a major craving for Habitat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey its a Habitat fest this morning in blogland! I love it and can't wait to see what you do with it, looks so fresh and summery! I think I may need to get some Habitat in my stash soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I wasn't keen on those lineny-looking fabrics - until I saw this post! They look so great paired with those really strong colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see some more. I love how you take a collection and pair it with a different "solid" and make a beautiful quilt. very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Moda Crossweave is lovely! Is it the same weight as quiting cotton? I've worked with Kaufman's shot cottons before, which are lighter weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I too am loving the Moda Crossweave. Everything looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh - very nice! I'll have to try that crossweave. Have you ever paper pieced, i can't recall? I'm thinking it would be perfect for a paper pieced project, but not sure if it would work well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm seeing Habitat everywhere now, need to get me some of that...! Am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That linen look is very nice. I just avoid using real linen as much as I can, but I do love it so I end up working with it at times anyhow. This seems to be a nice middle ground though. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete