Wednesday, April 20, 2011

so far this week.

It has been a good week so far.  A long week, too.


Our Jeep was in the shop for a few days, leaving the kids and I vehicle-less.  That is a little hard when you live in the middle of nowhere.  Not like you can walk to the library, you know?  But it has been good.  I've gotten quite a few things checked off my to-do list.


I finished up my Habitat quilt top the other day.  I love it.  The fabrics are so unique, and I love them in the traditional bowtie pattern.  I am shopping for some quilt backing now.  I would like to buy some yardage for it, which I generally don't do.  But I think it would look wonderful.  I'm not sure what I want, but I'm learning towards the dots that are to the left of my feet in the top photo.  If you've noticed any good Habitat sales, let me know!


I got this big ole box in the mail today from Walmart.  It contains 600+ family photos that I finally had printed out.  I used to be in the habit of printing pictures once a month, but I got completely behind since we had Finley 9 months ago.  I ordered some pictures from her first two weeks, and that is all since last July!  So now I have 8.5 months worth of pictures to go through.  I don't scrapbook, but I do dillegently sort and store pictures in albums.  We have four albums going at all times: a family one, and then one for each kids.  All the pictures go in the family one, and then I print out duplicates of the special ones for the kids' albums.  I always buy the photo albums that have journalling lines so that I can keep track of dates and ages.


And the last little bit from this week.  I just have to share with you this picture above.  This is our family and my husband's two employees, and we had it taken for our local newspaper.  Steve won the "Best Chiropractor in Town" for the 6th year in a row, and I am so so proud of him.  He loves what he does, and is really good at it.  He is blessed with a profession that he loves.  Hope it is okay to brag for a minute. :)  This picture cracks me up though.  Notice, none of the kids are smiling at all.  Oh well, I think they look cute.

Hope you all are having a good week so far!

xo A

24 comments:

  1. Sweet family, Angela!!! And isn't amazing how much you can get done while home-bound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes downtime is good to reconnect with the family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo and congrats to your husband. Wonderful he has a profession he enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your husband! I love your bow tie quilt! It's really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks gorgeous, and your family, too! How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's ok to brag...congratulations to your hubby.
    ps...I brag...er, blog all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cute little family, and congrats to the hubby. I to am in love with habitat but I have not yet cut into mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove what you've done with Habitat Ang! It's a genius combination with the bowtie. I think the dots would make a fab backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your husband! That's fantastic! That's a wonderful picture. Your quilt is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Steve!! I love that he shares his honor with the family as well; I've noticed the family pictures in years past.

    Have a blessed Easter celebration. Hope to see you in May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great picture!!! i love that you print your pictures. that is one of the things i miss now that everything is digital.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what size blocks for bowties? I am thinking of using the new ds fabric in a bow tie quilt and the pattern has a 6 inch block (using 4 3 inch ones) I love your quilt, those colors are awesome. Perfect fabric for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your quilt designs. They are always so fresh and unique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bowtie quilt - it looks great. You inspired me to make one of my own - I'm using some Habitat, a little bit of Innocent Crush and a cotton/linen blend for the background and I've made the blocks a bit smaller. And when I'm not quilting, I'll be organizing photos as well - just picked up 300 prints from Costco (and that's only 2010!).

    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is going to be so gorgeous! I'm starting to get a craving for that Habitat fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute quilt top and I like the neutral tan color. It looks like a Michael Miller print?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that design you are using in the first photo.
    ~Kimberlee, www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats and thanks for kicking my butt upstairs to go do some sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty, pretty.

    Super cute picture and congratulations to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go to your man! You are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous job on the quilt. The fabrics are wonderful! You have a lovely family:)


    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the combination. It's what convinced me to buy some Moda Cross Weave for my own~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to your husband. I see an osteopath once amonth and it has been THE BEST investment in my health.

    ReplyDelete