Monday, June 13, 2011

amazing.

Have you checked out the flickr group for the Farmer's Wife quilt-a-long?  Amazing.  As of this morning, there are currently 281 people in our group (WOW!) and the blocks that are popping up are seriously fantastic.  Here are just a few, please click on the links to see more detail.  In terms of fabric, there is a little bit of everything here: modern, vintage, civil war, repros... Such a great mix!

I am truly thrilled to be hosting this QAL with my friend Amanda, and also to be sewing with so many wonderful people.  The community that is quickly forming in our group is so fantastic and supportive, so make sure to check it out if you haven't already.  One of my favorite threads in our discussions is the one where people are sharing why they want to sew the Farmer's Wife quilt.

If you are interested in joining in, but don't want to commit to the full 111 blocks, there are other options in the book!  One is a 50 blocks version, and there are several women who are doing those.

xo Angela

8 comments:

  1. this is really fun and a great way to connect with other bloggers and sewists. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend,Carla from Lollyquiltz, I are going to do Farmer's Wife together (from a distance, Kansas City and central California). We will alternate each week in picking two blocks, each make the same two blocks in whatever fabrics we choose, and then post them on our blogs on Friday under the title Farmer's Wife Friday. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful, aren't they?! I love that so many people are working on this at the same time. It's really interesting to see what blocks and fabrics are chosen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so enjoying hanging out at the Flickr group - there are so many amazingly talented quilters there! Thanks for featuring my block :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first quilt along and I completely agree that I am enjoying the whole thing. Everyone is just wonderful. And all of the eye candy is sometimes just too much. I may be addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second time around for Farmer's Wife and I am still enjoying it. I especially like picking the fabrics for the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got this book from the library today and I am super excited to get started! I was wondering tho - how are people figuring out how much fabric they need? Or do you just start and hope you have enough in the end that goes together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiii Angela!

    I bought the book last night in a moment of weakness and inspiration. The flickr group is amazing. Is that what you are using to track how many members there are? I am guessing that I should become a member.

    Anyway. While awaiting my book I am trying to get the fabrics all organized and order more where I see any holes. I think I am doing a combo of Innocent Crush and LouLouthi.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete