Friday, June 3, 2011

new.

I love starting something new.  I love scheming and coming up with new projects and ideas.
So what is next for me?

I am a little more than halfway done quilting my string quilt, so I'm planning my next quilt (other than the Farmer's Wife sampler, of course- that one will be sticking around for awhile!).  I just got the new Thimble Blossom pattern in the mail, Swoon, and I can't wait to get started on it.  I'm thinking that I may cut into my Good Folks stack for this one.  Wouldn't it look pretty with Moda Bella gray?  I used it in Finley's Sherbet Pips quilt, and I think it is the prettiest shade of gray.  Just an idea.

Another new thing I'm thinking about starting is the 52 lists, 52 weeks.  I've never read the blog before, but I first heard of it when my friend Christina tweeted about it.  I must say... it sounds right up my alley!  I love making lists (just ask my husband!), like the one in this post.  I think there will be weekly prompts posted, and I'm hoping to participate.  Anyone else planning on playing along??

Okay, back to quilting. 
xo Angela

15 comments:

  1. That is such a fun pattern! Would look great in Good Folks!

    I'm joining in the lists exercise too, I'm really excited!

    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pattern! I've never made a quilt from a pattern, but this makes me want to :) Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about the list thing on the blog I was visiting before you-- I'm definitely going to be trying it out. I think it'll be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it'll look great in Good Folks too... so bold. :) I love that pattern... seriously. I want to make another one.

    the lists sound fun! (and don't necessarily require sewing, which is nice sometimes to have blog material when I'm behind). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those fabrics. Thanks for the link for the 52 lists, 52 weeks. I'm going to play too! One more thing to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely NOT a list person, but know I should be. :/ However, I love your AMH pile of loveliness! This past winter I just made 3 queen sized quilts for my sons out of many of those fabrics! They loved them. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought SWOON too! It isn't NEXT on my list, but maybe later this summer - looks fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabrics are lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with them and how they look with that pattern Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Swoon quilt really is awesome and I think it'll look great in Good Folks!

    I just checked out 52 lists in 52 weeks and I think I'd like to participate too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might do the list thing too - thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohh, I love that pattern! It is going to be so pretty! That list thing looks fun! I love lists! Now if only I could stick to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swoon alright :) That quilt pattern in AMH will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Angela

    I had mentally made note of that pattern as I love how Camille's has come out in Ruby. I haven't got around to buying it yet as I have too many things on the current to do list to get through. Looking forward to seeing it in Good Folks.

    dxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure it will look beautiful in AMH fabrics!! I just bought that pattern and as soon as I finish quilt for my mother I will start! Love it!
    I'm going to use some Prince Carming Tula Pink in aqua and red I just bought, but I'm a little afraid how it will turn out because they are quite large scaled and busy... Regarding the solid colour I'm doubting between Kona Snow or Ash... doubt, doubts, doubts...
    Love the lists project and will probably join just for fun (even if I don't have a blog). Making lists is one of my favourite things

    ReplyDelete