Monday, June 20, 2011

pretty things.


Though we have an extra bedroom upstairs, I do all of my sewing in the dining room so I can be with the kiddos.  I keep all my sewing supplies and current projects inside and on top of this cute little Ikea cabinet.  Lots of pretty things going on here this week.. 

Strawberries in my new berry bowl.

Swoon blocks in progress.


A pretty pincushion from Jessica in use.


A tiny little charm pack and some fabric. (Thanks, C, I love them!)


My Hope Valley string quilt.  STILL working on the binding.  I don't know why it is taking me so long!


And here are a few pictures of my amazing husband and kids.  We had a wonderful weekend and an especially nice Father's Day.  It started with a great morning at church and ended with fishing and fireflies.  I love watching him with our kids, he is the best.  I am so thankful for him, and we are blessed to have him.




with love, A

18 comments:

  1. aww. that's so nice. love the pictures, and i wish you would let me have that amazing string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful everything! I think I'm liking that new Ruby line, too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new berry bowl - I have been eyeing one for myself! The pictures of the fam are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet things indeed! :) Good dads are amazing...
    (and my your oldest son looks like you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to read such nice things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, jealous of that Ruby! :-)
    Your Hope Valley is looking great! Allllmost done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prettiness! And omigosh, Finley's face just kills me every time I see her - she has the best expressions! Total cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty photos, pretty day, pretty family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby--how didja get some of that?! Love that grey fabric below it too,that is in the Ruby line?? Gotta go look. Don't ya just love strawberries that look THAT good! Thanks for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy strawberries, yummy fabric, yummy project - yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of wonderful pretty stuff , and such a beautiful family. Your little girl is so big

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I'm happy to say there are lots of berries around here too! Can't get enough of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lucky girl getting a big piece of scallops and a little charm pack... i am sure you will pick the perfect project to use them on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the grey scallop fabric!

    I also love the pincushion and the swoon blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kids are adorable. Thanks for the picture. I am in a string block exchange. Can't wait until I get my blocks back so I can see what everyone else did. I just found some more Hope Valley on ebay to add to my stash. I like the piney woods colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love strawberries and I can't wait to see the finished quilt. And I also like our family pictures very much.

    ReplyDelete