Wednesday, July 27, 2011

week 9 - FWQAL


Apparently green is hard for me.  Who knew?? I  had no idea that it was a difficult color for me to work with.  I love green, but I discovered that I don't have a lot of fabric in that shade.  Pulling and coordinating fabrics took forever.  Really.

# 56 - Maple Leaf, #31 - Evening Star, # 55 - Linoleum

I ended up doing three this week instead of two.  It took me so long to come up with these three fabric combos, so I just made them all.  I had a couple of fabric scraps that were tiny, the gnomes and the people, that I really wanted to use.  They weren't big enough to use on point (which is how they will be sewn in the quilt), but I decided to use them anyway.  I really like both of them, and that is all I have.


Note to self: buy more green fabric!!  Head over to Amanda's and see her blocks for the week.  They are gorgeous as always, and she used a bunch of my favorite fabrics.  I wish I could steal her blocks and add them to mine. :)
xo, A

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

12 comments:

  1. love the gnomes and those little people. I love watching all your blocks every week-now i just need to start my own fw! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks, Angela! Can't wait to start my own....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gnomes and little people are a darling touch! I love your blocks. So bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those little gnomes are just adorable.
    P.S. I could help you out with some green--I have tons! If you're interested, let's talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we should have a farmer's wife scrap swap. I have TONS of green, literally every shade. What I'm needing (and not finding)is aqua blue and orange scraps/strips. Seriously, maybe i'll post it on the group. hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may have struggled to come up with these but you came up with three winners when you did make them. Love the one with orange in it. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love green too - you need more green in your life! Especially zingy lime colours! Your blocks are lovely and you have the makings of an I-spy FWQ with all your little fussy cut centres!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics you used for the blocks. They are wonderfull. thanks for sharing! And You forgive my rudimentary English.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green is hard. I just bought some green fat quarters to integrate into my blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little kids are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, the little folks are so cute I can't stand it! Who's the designer? I work at a modern fabric shop and haven't seen those!!

    ReplyDelete