Monday, August 8, 2011

life lately - a list

Life is so busy and full and happy.  Many things going on that I'd like to remember and share, so a list is what I have today.
1. We are spending as much time together as a family as we possibly can, and there has been lots of swimming, fires, and campouts in the backyard.  Weston will be starting kindergarten in 16 days.  He is so excited, and I'm so excited for him.  We have all day K here, 5 days a week, so it'll be quite an adjustment. 

2. My little man Elijah starts preschool in a month.  He'll be going 2 mornings a week, and he is totally pumped.  It'll be fun for him, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with this little girl...
... who is growing like a weed, by the way, and changing daily.  At 13 months (tomorrow), her preferred mode of transportation in walking now.  Or climbing.  Definitely keeping me on my toes.  I snapped this picture the other day during Steve's lunch break.  She is always a happy, sweaty mess when she wakes up after naptime. :)

3. I finished my Swoon quilt top over the weekend!  I love it so much.  I have to put it aside for now, I have another quilt to make, some designing to do, and Farmer's Wife blocks to work on.  I am looking forward to having this on my bed for the fall and winter.  Here are my last two blocks:
4. I came across this nice round up for mug rugs, if you're interested!  I was happy to see my selvedge mini included in the list.  I think I need to make some more of those to use as potholders.

5. In my neverending hunt for living room curtains, I stumbled across West Elm, and it is my new favorite store.  Currently in my shopping cart:  this, this, and this.  How have I never heard of this store before??

6. I pulled my trusty old coffee pot out of the pantry and made hot coffee for the first time in months.  I think I am finally getting over my iced coffee obsession.  Today it is all about the hot coffee and Almond Joy creamer.  Yum.

Happy Monday!
xo

24 comments:

  1. what a fun post! :) your kiddos are adorable angela. my oldest is going to kindergarten as well, wahoo! I'm really looking forward to spending time with just my youngest. I'll miss Natalie though. your swoon quilt is going to be amazing. and don't even get me started on west elm, I LOOOOVE it. I even have ordered some furniture for my living room, should be coming in a couple weeks. so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable children! Lovely fabric in your quilt, what a delight it will be to use it this autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you had said these blocks were big before, but I never realized HOW big. Love them..and I'm still thinking that would be a fun quilt to make! Your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know, school is coming up so quickly! I'll be missing my older kids when they are gone all day too. :) You have a climber, too... they sure keep you on your toes and busy, don't they?! Your kids are so adorable!
    The last of your Swoon blocks are just beautiful. That will be a great quilt to have for the fall and winter.
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Angela - what a lovely post ... and what beautiful blocks - I absolutely adore this quilt. I can't wait to see it progress when you have some time back! x S

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right to enjoy your family. They'll all be in college before you can blink! Love your Swoon blocks. I haven't made the switch back to hot coffee just yet. Still enjoying the iced version till it cools off here some more. I'm not even going to click that West Elm link. I cannot afford a new addiction! I'll just let you have that one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I've been enjoying all of the Swoon blocks popping up, so I just bought the pattern. I partially blame you and your lovely AMH version! ;)

    Your kiddos are so cute. I'm glad you're enjoying thew last of the summer break with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandson starts kindergarten this fall. I know his mom is glad to not be paying for daycare anymore. She is a teacher and he is at her school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok... so another swoon question. did you press your seams open? i made one over the weekend. and had a hard time deciding which way to press... i just did whatever i thought at the moment and it made for a bit of a hot mess on the back. the block came out great but after i thought i should have pressed the seams open. so, what did you do? i had a great time making it though, they are very fun blocks to make and sooo huge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Swoon is going to be great! I just bought some Heirloom to make one!

    Our kids are so similar in ages. I am going to be homeschooling my oldest though. I am a little nervous about it, but it was exciting picking out her curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time you share those blocks I just love them more! I can't wait to see them all together. Big changes with your little ones and school it's such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet kids;) Yep. Summer is closing in on us quickly,but then come the beauty of fall!

    Your Swoon top will be very nice for your bed I do declare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been LOVING this Swoon quilt. Can't wait to see it finished! I love following your blog and adore all of the quilts you make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything in this post, those kids of yours sure are adorable. I wish our boys could play together- I'm sure they would get in all kinds of trouble.

    We have a West Elm store here, and it calls to me when I drive by it on the freeway. It is a dangerous store...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Swoon blocks are so so great! Cannot wait to see your quilt top come together.

    Adorable (!!) children. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blocks look great! The picture of your little girl makes me miss when mine were that little. They seem so grown now! Also, I totally love Almond Joy creamer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW you have been busy. sweet pics of the family. Love the last two blocks, can't wait to see the top. I stumbled across West Elm a couple years ago, and I just love their furniture. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE every Swoon block you make! Precious family - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it all Ang. So super sweetXXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your swoon blocks are amazing! Ironically, I just finished making my very first swoon block this morning. I had so much fun making the block.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those blocks are gorgeous! Now I'm off to follow your link and look at mug rugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been contemplating a few things from West Elm. I've always been pleased with what I've ordered.

    Love how huge the swoon blocks are.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your swoon quilt is going to be beautiful!! I just ordered this pattern and can't wait for it to come!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous post. You have such adorable kids.

    ReplyDelete