Thursday, August 25, 2011

week 13 - FWQAL

I had a couple fun blocks for week 13 in the FWQAL.  They were very different from each other, and a lot of fun to make.

The first block is #91 - Strawberry Basket.  I used Sherbet Pips square dots in red, Tula Pink's yellow ladybugs, Cosmo Cricket's green crosshatches.

The second block for the week is #92 - Streak of Lightning.  This is a floral from Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush line.  This was actually a scrap from my Kaleidoscope quilt binding!  I paired this with graph paper fabric, which I love.  It is hard to photograph, but you can see it up close here:

In more important news, Weston started school this week!  We are sending him to a private school in town, and he loves it so far.  His enthusiasm has made it easy for me to let him go.  He is having a blast. :)
1st day of Kindegarten!
Weston's 1st day of kindergarten

xo Angela

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Your fabric choice really make these blocks pop. I love the red/green combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you posted a group photo of your blocks lately? i watch the flickr group closely, but i haven't seen one yet. i'm so curious to see how they all look together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are great, and I love the graph paper fabric. It's one I have not seen before. It is a great blender.

    Congrats on your little guy going off to kindergarten. It's a big step as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it is already week 13. I just got block 23 and 24 done a couple of days ago. Like the graph paper. I don't think I have ever seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have perfect points! i love all of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot to answer for with this. I have the book and hope to get started this weekend :) All the blocks have been gorgeous so far

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the Anna Maria Horner fabric, lovely in that block. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete