Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Perfect! 
I started a paperpiecing project this weekend.  Camillle sent me this cute 2.5" charm pack of Ruby, and I am making 1" hexagons.  It is so great!  I don't have to cut any fabric, those little squares are just the right size for the paper pieces I already had.

Ruby hexagons Ruby hexagons
I finished making hexagons this morning, and now I am sewing them together into rows.  It is great timing, having a handsewing project, because the latest season of The Office just came out on DVD today!  It is my favorite show, and since we don't have cable/satellite, I haven't seen a single episode from the last season. 

Beyond excited to watch The Office season 7.  Haven't seen a single episode yet, and it is my favorite! 
As for the holiday weekend, it sure went fast.  We didn't have any big plans, just spent the weekend quietly with friends and family.  It was a really nice weekend.

Lunchtime Watching ironman on a rainy labor day Ready for church Relaxing

xo, A


11 comments:

  1. every time I see hexies I want to get started on one that my friend did the layout of.. it's super and I've never made it... maybe 2012 is my hexie year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh genius! i have some of those petit four packs too. Can't believe I didn't think of this. Can't wait to see what you do with your hexie rows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hand sewing project. I have a few of those blocks hanging around and I might just take your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lucky RE: the Ruby! And what fun! Super cute pics of your fam....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same kind of quiet weekend. Bought some fabric but did not sew much of anything. Looks like your weekend was more productive. I got one more block done for FWQAL so I have 28 and am caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new fabric line by Bonnie and Camille!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at your first photo.. kind of inspires little kits to give to people for Xmas... Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fabric line. I already have a quilt top made fom it, just need the yardage to come out to finish it off!! Looking forward to seeing what you create. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you do with the hexagons. You've always got something cute going on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just gotta say, you have really pretty feet. ;)

    ReplyDelete