Wednesday, September 21, 2011

week 17 - FWQAL

This is week 17 of the Farmer's Wife quilt-along.  I did three blocks again this week, and I am up to 35.
The first block is #77 - Seasons.  I love love this one.  I used a new-to-me fabric from a swap with a fabric buddy in the Netherlands, cool right?  (Check out her Habitat quilt, btw- a twin to mine!)  So this block is made of Suzuko Koseki buttons and Authentic text.  I think that is what they both are, not positive.
Next is #70 - Prairie Queen, made with DS Quilts fabric.  I think Denyse's fabrics for JoAnn's are really great, and the smaller scale prints are perfect for these blocks.
The last block for the week is #41 - Friendship Star.  I made another one of these since I used the first one for an iPad case (I wrote about in my last post, in case you missed it).  It is a fun and easy block to make; I love those stars.

In other news, this has been an exciting week for me... yesterday we celebrated my 30th birthday! :)30.
Happy Wednesday!
xo, A

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

16 comments:

  1. Great blocks...and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! (Yea, Septembers--mine's the 18th :-) Using the DS fabrics, too. And love your Seasons block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. You are looking good. I love your blocks that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. Love that button fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!
    I love picnics and fairgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks! I really love the pink/button material mixed in - so pretty.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    Have you finished your swoon quilt? Would love to see the finished product.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday!, love your FWQAL blocks and your ipad case is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday to you! you are a september girl like Me! i hope it was a great day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, lucky iPad owner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday and welcome to the thirties - they are truly the BEST! And I'm loving your blocks, I'm using Koseki fabrics too. I just wish they weren't so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your birthday was fabulous. LOVE your fabric choices this week. I love that pink button fabric!! So cool. All the blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete