Thursday, September 8, 2011

week 15 - FWQAL

I am doing double Farmer's Wife duty this week.  I didn't get a chance to do my blocks last week, so now I have 5 new blocks to share with you.  This means I've made 31 blocks and am one block ahead of schedule, oh yeah!  I am going to keep this short and sweet, we are heading out to the fair after dinner.

#14 - Butterfly at Crossroads

#20 - Churn Dash

#54 - Kitchen Woodbox (my favorite of this batch)

#34 - Flock

#93 - Swallow

And another shot of the whole crew.  I think they are so pretty together.

xo, A

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.


  1. lookin' good !I love that green fabric you used in the butterfly block... yummy :)

    I have stalled on my Across the Sea quilt..Can you send some of that good catch-up karma my way? hah!

  2. Your blocks are gorgeous. And I just realised I am now nine blocks behind. Thank goodness the kids are back in school.

  3. I love the Swallow block especially with the red newsprint fabric. Really cute!

  4. I love these! your color choices are amazing!

  5. I guess I am now behind. Only 28 done. Your blocks look fabulous per usual.

  6. i love these!! and i love the basketweave fabric in your blocks

  7. They look so great all together! Hope you had a great time at the fair. What a great way to kick off fall. :)

  8. Great looking blocks. . . but the photography is awesome! Tips n' tricks for getting awesome pictures?

  9. I love them all, but the red and white newsprint is my fave! I love how you take the photos with the block in the book!

  10. we are a group of 3 german quilters who have lately jumped into the fwqal and i must say i never thought it would become so much fun choosing fabric and sewing those blocks together. Thank you for this great idea of a sampler quilt.
    I like your blocks very much, especially #20 and #34.
    greatings from germany

  11. I like your blocks to but nobody told you jet that you sewed block 34 a little bit different then in the book. Did you know?
    It is still a very nice block tho.
    I am 3 blocks behind.