Wednesday, September 14, 2011

week 16 - FWQAL


Week 16 of the Farmer's Wife QAL is here, and I have three new blocks to share.  I am now up to 34, which is two blocks ahead of schedule. 


#3 - Batwing.  This block is a little odd to me, but I like how it turned out.  I used a blue print from Loulouthi (Anna Maria Horner) and Wordplay (Michelle D'Amore). 


#6 - Big Dipper - Tula Pink yellow ladybugs and American Jane multi pez.  By the way, did you see that American Jane has a new pez line coming out??  I am so excited, the mono pez prints are the best.


#10 - Bowtie - Lush woodgrain, Freespirit dots, Japanese Little Red Riding Hood.  This is a twin to one of my favorite FW blocks (so far!).


In family news, Eli started preschool last week.  He loves it so much!  I think he is an old pro already.  He watched his older brother go to this school for the past two years, so he was ready and knew just what to do.  When it came time for me to drop him off, he gave me a big kiss and ran off to play with his friends.  Sure made it easier for me to let him go, you know?

First day of preschool First day of preschool First day of preschool

xo, A

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

13 comments:

  1. Your blocks and family pictures are so cute! Eli looks so grown up there with his backpack across his shoulder. :) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabric choices in your FW blocks. Amy from During Quiet Time used that Wordplay fabric and I liked it so much that I ended up ordering three yards. I'm sure it will come in handy for something! My FW blocks were tedious this week--four of them and they had teensy pieces. But I prevailed and finished them, even though I did Corn and Beans twice!

    Cute, cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #5 bat wing block
    it`s a great combination of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pretty blocks! and you and your fam are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing your blocks. I love the use of bright fabrics. They always seem to compliment each other so well, but I would never think to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought batwing was odd too. I keep looking at it thinking... okay. Strange block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so inspired when you post your blocks... I love them all and am so tempted to get my hands on that book! I'm prepping for a big market event this weekend... maybe if sales are good I'll splurge on the book!

    And your little hunny is so cute! Are you an "empty nester" now or do you have more at home?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling little fellow ...that smile could melt many a heart...he is such a sweet little guy! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sure grow up fast, don't they?

    As usual, your blocks are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the big dipper block!

    and your family pictures are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your FW blocks are awesome! makes me want to make some right now...too bad i don't have the patience (or the energy) *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Red Riding Hood fabric. Your blocks are great per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your fabric choices are always so inspired!, i love the batwing. but i love all the blocks. thank you for the inspiration.
    your little one is so cute!.

    ReplyDelete