Tuesday, October 25, 2011

lately.

Fun work

Oh hi!  Remember me?  I'm the one that writes on this blog.  Okay, maybe not so much as of late.  I have been busy, sewing like crazy.  I am working on several projects for a book.  Not my own book, but a collaborative one, and the deadline is right around the corner.  I'm enjoying the projects, but some days it is difficult to get much done with this little helper getting into everything around:

Smushy face

Don't you love that smooshy face? :)  Anyways, I've been squeezing a little knitting and sewing time in after the kids go to bed.  That is our time to unwind and enjoy a little peace and quiet.

Haven't had much time to work on it yet, so it is coming along slowly but surely!

I learned how to knit while at the Sewing Summit a couple weeks ago, and I started this Honey Cowl.  It wasn't looking so hot, so I decided to pull it out and start again.  I like it much better now!  I'm still pretty slow, but I feel like I'm getting better.

New knitting bag! via @jenib320 tutorial :)

I had to make a cute little knitting bag, of course!  I made this the other day using Jeni's really great tutorial.  It is a quick and easy project, and it took less than an hour to make.  Perfect for when you need some instant-gratification-kinda-sewing.  That is a word, right??  I used this super cute bunting fabric paired with some fabric from Katie Jump Rope and DS Quilts.  I've had a lot of questions about the fabric on Instagram and Flickr, so I took a picture of the cute selvedge in case you are curious.

Fabric selvedge

I've also been stitching on some new fabric from Anna Maria's needleworks line.  It is gorgeous!  No big surprise there, right?  I am working on a smaller piece now, and I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it yet.  Maybe a zipper pouch?  Needlebook?  It is easier than regular cross stitch because you don't have to count stitches.  One note if you do buy some - order a full yard!  A half yard doesn't have all of the full designs on it.

Progress

Other than that, we are really enjoying fall here.  Lots of costume shopping, beautiful scenery, and Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kisses.  Which are amazing, by the way.  Though my husband would disagree.... ;)

Weston is ready for Halloween
Rainbow this morning!  Best way to start the day.
Pumpkin spice
Hope you are well!
xo, Angela
PS - Hope you don't mind all the Instagram photos!  If you are in it, you can follow me @fussycut.

16 comments:

  1. Love the squishy face photo!
    Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the kisses...wonder if the stores around here still have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I'll bet I can't get those kisses here in Canada :(
    Can't wait to see some book projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little catch-up post! Love the bunting fabric... I made myself some orange felt lined slippers with that fabric. They're mary janes and are so sweet! And the kisses sound divine. My husband would disagree too, but that's not always a bad thing when it comes to treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having one of those crazy, busy days today! Your kids are so cute!!! And, just yesterday I ordered a few yards of that bunting fabric for the back of my Bottled Rainbows Quilt. I hope there is enough left for a sweet little bag like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love that smooshy face! How cute! It's a wonder you get anything done with her around!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kinda love it all really! ( wink, wink )

    x, h

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.. I was just thinking about sewing my Knitting Group members a knitting bag each for Xmas, then I check my GoogleReader & whammo your post! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bunting fabric is just the cutest! I managed to score some here in the UK for Katy & I which is just fab isn't it?! Katy gave me some of her AMH cross stitch fabric but I'm def going to to order more to turn into a pillow for the rocking chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love instagram photos! I thought I was a really bad photographer and then discover this program and now I have photos that I adore! Thanks for sharing your ideas and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! Can't wait to see the book. Congratulations on learnign to knit. I just learned in January.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that smoosh face :) Gotta make some of those bags to :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that smooshy face! they are the best! and every time i see a rainbow i all i can say is "DOUBLE RAINBOW" have you seen that youtube video? hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How have I never heard of Pumpkin Kisses? I thought we were friends....and you don't even call me to tell me of such things. Lol! I will be visiting the store later. Maybe I will make some pumpkin latte's to celebrate my new chocolate find. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your the second person I ran into tonight who has just started knitting. It must be a sign that I need to try it. Your cowl is looking great! Good luck on the book deadline :) Going to get me some Hersheys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, you took out the cowl? I'm so glad to hear that you like the new version even better. I thought it looked lovely that night! Love seeing the AMH needleworks in process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just learned knitting at Sewing Summit too & I'm also working on the honey cowl, although I'm not as brave as you to post a picture yet. Yours looks great!!

    ReplyDelete