Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pillow Talk swap

One of my favorite groups on Flickr is the Pillow Talk Swap.  It is a fun swap.  Each person is assigned a blind partner, and you make a special pillow for them.  It is fun, scheming and sewing for your partner.  The surprise is the best part.  I haven't done this swap in quite awhile, but when I saw a new round was coming up, I couldn't resist.
Pillow top completed
My partner was easy to sew for.  She had some pretty specific color requests, but didn't seem to have any preferences for the actual pattern.  I decided to go ahead and make a kaleidoscope pillow, just like my KJR one from earlier on in the year, only a bit larger.  The above picture was my sneak peak to the group, and below is the finished product! 
Kaleidoscope pillow
I made a 20" pillow out of blue, green, and yellow fabrics paired with Kona Ash (or maybe it was Moda Bella medium gray).
There is a white invisible zipper in the bottom, and the backing is a print from DS Quilts.  I really like that line alot, it has a lot of great blenders and basics. 
I had a lot of fun sewing this pillow.  I enjoyed the little break from sewing work and deadlines. 
I hope my partner loves it!  It went in the mail Friday morning, and I can't wait until it arrives at its new home.  Now I want to make some kaleidoscope pillows for my couch.  I just love this pattern (remember this quilt?).
Pillow for the swap - heading out today!!
Hope you had a nice weekend!
xo A

23 comments:

  1. What a lucky swap partner to receive such a lovely cushion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I've been racking my brain about what kind of design to use for something I'm working and I think this would be great! Beautiful pillow cover, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the colors! It's about time I try out that pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you've got a lucky swap partner! You've definitely inspired me to try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!
    I'd love to try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute pillow. Did you see that some Flea Market Fancy is being rereleased. Now that I paid so much to get a few pieces here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! A kaleidoscope quilt is still on my to-make list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty. I am sure your partner will love it! Really great sneak peek picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I kind of want to try out this pattern sometime soon, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kaleidoscope cushion is so beautiful! Your partner is very fortunate to be receiving this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great pillow! and i love that first photo. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful... i love that pattern too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty! i wish i was your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it Angela! Ive been looking for this pattern all over the Internet. Could you please share where I could find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful pillow. I love your choice of fabrics, and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful. you take the best photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pillow is just super! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pillow! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! Great fabrics and I love the pattern! The sneak peek pic is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohh it's gorgeous. i am sure your partner is thrilled!.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey angela, it was so nice meeting you this weekend. you are lovely and your family is so cute! hope to bump into you again and soon. :)

    ReplyDelete