Thursday, November 3, 2011

a list

Lots of things going on this week, so today I have a list.
Frosty morning

1.  We are having the oddest weather.  Last weekend was very cold and we got our first snow.  It was an inch of two and only lasted the morning, but the boys took advantage of it. 


Now the snow is gone and it is in the 60's and I'm on my way out to mow the lawn.  See?  Odd.


2.  I joined Ravelry this week.  My screen name there is fussycut-angela and you can find me here.  I added a few of my more recent projects to my page and picked out my next project.  I'm still working on my honey cowl this week, and I am really enjoying every  minute of it.


After some consultations with Rita and Megan, I placed an order for some Malabrigo yarn the other day, and I can't wait to try it out.  I also bought some cute stitch markers off of Etsy and picked out some fabric from my stash for my next project bag.  Oh dear, knitting is going to be an expensive hobby, isn't it?


4.  My favorite Christmas candy is out!  Need I say more??


5.  I pulled out my Good Folks Swoon quilt top.  I don't know what to do for the backing yet.  I have quite a few FQ's leftover from the line that I could piece together, but I don't know if I want to use it all up here.  I think I may save them for some pillows.  We will hopfully head to Joann's this weekend to see if there is some of the yellow print from DS Quilts left.  I think that'd work perfect for the backing.

6. I miss blogging.  Since I was little I've kept a journal, and I love keeping this one online.  It is my place to share what I sew and document a bit of my life at home.  I am hoping that I can be back to a somewhat normal schedule next week with Farmer's Wife blocks and regular posts. 

Hope you are well!  I'll be back soon.
xo, A

24 comments:

  1. the DS yellow print is totally one of my faves. It would be a gorgeous backing for your quilt. Last time I was at my Joann's I scooped up all the rest of it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those kisses. i get really excited for the cordial cherry kisses too. oh my they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Knitting is going to be an expensive hobby" - oh my is there ever truth to that statement. But I always say, life is too short and knitting takes to long to use crappy yarn!

    Love that swoon top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to take the 25%-off-everything coupon to Joann's! ;D I bought the Swoon pattern yesterday and can't wait to start on one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kisses are out already?! Yum! Must make a Target run soon! Your cowl is looking awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snow is so pretty. :o) We are having some chilly weather today and it is wet. But, like you, when it blows over, my son will be out on the mower. :o)
    I need to be sure and look for those yummy kisses. :o)
    Have a wonderful day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH THE KISSES! Sorry...I'm apparently having a moment, here. I love those things!

    Your quilt top is gorgeous, by the way. I am in total awe of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow, sigh, I want some.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the malabrigo. I'm thinking of getting some for a throw. Yes, knitting can become very expensive. Just wait until you discover hand dyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went from 87 yesterday for the high to a low of 41 this morning. Go figure. A nice cold front came through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! You're knitting! Love it even though I don't do as much as I'd like. Probably you can show a few projects, and I'll think I need to catch up to you. Does this ever end?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great you are on Rav!

    Wool is even more dangerous than fabric...consider yourself warned ;)

    Looking forward to seeing more of your yarnie creations x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that really your backyard? Please tell me you have a ride-on mower!!

    I love the sound of those Hershey kisses. You can find them here in Sydney at specialty shops but I don't know whether they would ever stock the candy cane ones. They do sound intriguing. There's a bit of candy theme going on this morning - Aneela was just showing off her US candy haul.

    dxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi angela! glad to see you posting, I've missed you. :) sorry I'm such a dork. anyway, love that you mow your lawn. and can't wait to see your finished swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh what a beautiful part of the world you live in! Can't wait to see your Swoon quilted! It's certainly a work out for your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cowl looks great! Be careful, Ravelry is addicting! I sent you a friend request!

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) What fun! I love those candy cane kisses, too. The knitting is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. our weather is the same. snow storm on wednesday, nice and warm today. kinda weird, but i do like the warm day after snow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cowl you're making! And yes, knitting is an expensive hobby - but so worth it! And isn't Ravelry wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are no inexpensive hobbys! I have more yarn and stuff to go with knitting - and as much fabric and stuff that goes with sewing - than any reasonable family could use in a lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, that knitting sucks you in hard and fast! I've used the malabrigio before and it is great - I think you'll like it. YOur cowl is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you're sticking with knitting! Your cowl is looking wonderful. And the Roanoke color of Malabrigo you chose is beautiful. It is definitely another expensive hobby, but so worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, knitting is expensive, but there's just something about cozying up in a hand-knit sweater on a cold night. Much like cozying up under a homemade quilt, I guess! And I can't wait to see your Swoon finished. I'm still hoarding my Good Folks...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cowl looks great Angela. Knitting is my first true crafty love, seems to me you may get the knitting bug soon. Good luck with that, may your husband be warned! lol.

    ReplyDelete