Tuesday, December 13, 2011

as of late.

Just wanted to pop in and share some of my favorite pictures from Instagram from the past week or so.  I love taking pictures with my iPad and posting them there.  It is a quick and easy way to capture our daily life.  I'd miss so many of the shots if I had to take the time to grab my camara.  If you are on Instagram, you can follow me @fussycut.
Anniversary getaway.
We celebrated our 7th anniversary this past weekend.  We were able to sneak away for a night, and it was wonderful and so relaxing.  We haven't done that since our first anniversary!
Quite the artist 
I thought my almost-6-yo was old enough to use a pen on his own but I guess not!  He suprised us with this little drawing.  He said that he was trying to look like a cop or a superhero (????).  I laughed really hard over this one, and have to admit that I was rather impressed. :) 
Frosty morning.
It has been cold and frosty over here, with the morning temperatures down in the low teens.  I am happy we finally got a bit of snow though, it finally feels like Christmas.
The ladies don't like walking in the snow. Can't say I blame them!
Our little ladies still like to leave their coop, but they definitely don't like walking in the snow. Can't say that I blame them!
Washing eggs
They are treating us well still, producing one egg each a day.  We put a heat lamp on them to keep them going during the winter.
 Kissing her kitty.
Finley is loving Hello Kitty!  This makes me so happy.  Here she is giving her kitty kisses.  Having a girl is so much fun.
Favorite movie.
Lots of movie time during hunting season while Steve is gone.  I watched my favorite the other day, and if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it.  It is very unique.
On the crafty front, I started a new knitting project.  I am making this scarf out of some beautiful Madeline Tosh merino light in Cousteau.  It is the prettiest color, and the pattern is really nice.  I had to learn three new stitches (thank you, knittinghelp.com!).  It is slow going, but very fun.

Only 12 days until Christmas!  I better get back to wrapping.
xo, Ang

22 comments:

  1. what a fun post angela! i loved stranger than fiction. it really is a very unique movie. my little girl Loves hello kitty too! and that yarn is beautiful, i am a sucker for blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - love your post! Love the hubby photo and for some reason, the chickens. And your movie - one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I need to do an Instagram blog post too since they're the only pics I've taken lately! Love that belly shot - it gave me a little belly laugh :) Cousteau, chickens and Stranger than Fiction are all such good things. I also admit we've been going through McDonalds more than we should because of those Hello Kitty toys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Angela!!! It's so nice to see those every day things like your chickens wandering around!
    p.s. that Hello Kitty love thing. It's going to last for a long time yet....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this "snapshot" of your life! Thanks for sharing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photos, Angela!! So, you live on a farm!? Wow! That outside shot reminds me of how close we really are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, and that's one of my favourite movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour of blue is stunning. Also, love family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is gonna be one lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh, I LOVE that yarn color!!! Where do you buy your yarn? I have no idea where to get yarn these days and I always think my only options are Joann's or Michael's and I don't really like much of either of their yarns. If you have any good yarn links, I'd love to have them! You have totally inspired me to start practicing my knitting so I can get better and also to pick up my crochet hook again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very impressed with the drawing, if I would have drawn on myself at that age it definitely woulda been upside down. I love that movie also especially Maggie Gylenhaal

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this post angela. it's really perfect. I love hearing about your chickens, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm making the honey cowl out of the cousteau for my sis for christmas (almost finished)!! It is a wonderful color!!! Totally reminds me of the colors "under the sea" (warmer weather?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the picture of the belly drawing, lol. And you have chickens?? That's so awesome. When I have a house/yard (and not just a 2nd story patio, lol) I want to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. chickens!, oh i always wanted chickens, and i love that movie too!. have a lovely xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like a winter wonderland at your house. I just left the Houston area and it was 78 degrees. P.S. Love your chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a great round up in pics. Love the chooks, and so jealous you have snow.
    The yarn is gorgeous and that scarf is beautiful. We'll make a lace knitter out of you yet. After this one, I suggest Aria Delicato by anne Hanson (knitspot). It's nice and easy, but doesn't at all look like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi i was trying to send you an email i had a question for you but the email address that is posted on ur contact info doesn't work is there a different email address i can contact you on?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you have a FB page where we can follow you? I'm new to the idea of blogs and don't check here very often.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore Stranger Than Fiction! Some of my favourite bits: when he gives her the bouquet of flours; when he sings Whole Wide World (prior to this movie it was a song my now hubbie used to sing to me), and of course every single part with Emma Thompson!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh, that Mad Tosh is gorgeous and so is the scarf you chose! Cannot wait to see it! Wishing you and yours a happy holidays! here's to lots of sewing and knitting in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy HOlidays to you!
    I just wanted to pop in to say that I too love Stranger than Fiction. Great, unique film, eh?
    :)

    ReplyDelete