Tuesday, December 6, 2011

can't. stop. knitting.

 Seriously, I can't stop knitting.  I love it, and I already have a mile long list of what I want to make.  See, it is freezing and super snowy here for almost 6 months of the year (remember this storm?).  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but 4-5 months at least.  All of these cozy scarves, cowls, mittens, hats, etc are perfect.  So anyways, I am completely hooked.  But back to the project on hand...
I finished my eternity scarf last Friday!  I enjoyed every minute of this project.  I used the softest Malabrigo yarn in Roanoke, and it was a joy to work with.  This went well and quickly, and I have already worn it few times.  It is a pretty huge cowl, perfect for around here.  You can see more details on Ravelry.
I started another honey cowl the other day.  My mom tried to steal my burgundy one the other day, so I thought it would be a nice Christmas gift.
And yes, I had to make a new project bag for this one.  Because I'm like that. :)
xo, A

PS - Did you see my friend Jeni's new pattern for her lined drawstring bags?  It is fantastic, and I need to make one of the big ones!!

19 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that mustardy color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you're enjoying knitting so much! :D Plus, your projects = cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are rocking the cowls! wow!
    I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed Angela! You've found a real talent in knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cowls are so beautiful! I wish I was better at knitting! There is no way I could attempt this one and crochet cowls just aren't quite as pretty...but they will have to do! I really love this! Good thing I have an aunt that loves to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Oh, I am so jealous. At the very top of my list of things to learn is knitting. It is just so overwhelming. You are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love how it's turned out and how you wear it. :) That blue for the honey cowl is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Ooh, I love your infinity scarf; Roanoke is such an incredible shade. I'm glad you're enjoying knitting so much! It really is addictive, once you see what can be created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are having fun with your knitting. It is always fun to learn a new craft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful knitting. I think I need to get some yarn out and start making a cowl..pretty, pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! These are so cute. I really do need to take another stab at knitting, because I'd love to be able to craft up a cute cowl like these wow. I'm sort of still stepping around my WIP queen-sized Storm at Sea quilt that's taking over my sewing space. What to do? What to do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the colour you choose for it, too. It looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the knitting angela! seriously, every time I see someone knitting something I can't wait to learn, hopefully someday I really will. Love that color of the eternity scarf. so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just started really knitting myself and love it!!! Have always been a crocheter... I love the cowls but so far we are having a tropical fall!! 60's....it makes me sad. it should be 30!...I love winter and snow and cold...oh well...just have to make the best of it!! Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. someday i will know how to knit, until then i will just keep amassing beautiful yarns! i love your eternity scarf! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you are enjoying the knitting season. I'm sure we'll all get back to our quilting by easter :)

    Great cowls. They look so soft even through the screen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love cowls and the texture on yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I love the colors you are choosing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeek, that cowl is gorgeous Angela! I might just need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete