Friday, December 30, 2011

indulgent

I really hope that you all had a wonderful holiday.  Ours was so nice.  We stayed home, and our families came to us.  We spent time slowly opening presents, building new toys, cooking, eating, and enjoying time together.  It is my favorite day of the year.  Here are my two favorite pictures from that day, I think they are both pretty great.  Christmas with kids is so magical.
 Since then we have been enjoying a slow and indulgent week at home.  This is the first year we've had a kid in school full-time, and I didn't realize how much we missed downtime and a lack of schedule.  It has been theraputic really.  Here are some of the things we have been enjoying:
 Snow
Snow!  We had a tiny bit on Christmas day, but we've gotten several inches since.  Isn't it beautiful?
Snow.
New boots from Steve.
New boots! 
New music.  I don't know why it took me so long to buy this album.  It. Is. Amazing.
 Enjoying new music. Why didn't I buy this album before? It is amazing.
Lots of reading, as in a whole book in 2 days.  This book was pretty intriguing, but not as good as her first two (which I adore and have read a few times each). 
I need to finish this book. Can't put it down. (not as good as her 1st two though, but still good)
PJ days.  The kids and I have spent most days in our pj's, only dressing if we have to leave. 
Lazy week. So wonderful. 
And some knitting of course.  One of my closest friends requested a honey cowl, how can I say no to that?  It is such a fun, mindless knit, perfect for a week like this.
As always, I'm a bit sad that Christmas is over, but I'm looking forward to a new year and a fresh start.  I'll be back soon, I'm looking forward to working on a year-end wrap up post. :)

xo, Angela

13 comments:

  1. PJ days yes I AGREE ARE ROCKIN'!

    Your honey cowl yarn color is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week sounds a lot like ours lots of pj time! It sounds like you have had a wonderful holiday. That is such a great album I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds lovely!! And I read her 1st two books...may have to look #3 up if you think it's worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mumford and Sons CD, too. Such a great sound!

    Aren't Jammie days the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, we're in love with Mumford and Sons over here too! I hope they come out with a new CD! That picture with the snow covered trees is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful! LOVE the snow photos and those boots!!

    Happy New Year!!!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcus Mumford is my boyfriend. True story. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have bought a small book with several cowl patterns in. Now that Christmas is over I can get the knitting needles out. Thanks for the inspirational blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! A Very Merry Mumford Christmas, indeed. Such a great album. I'm right there with you about the downtime. It's nice to have this time to regroup. It's very restoring, and it comes in handy for kickstarting 2012 on the right foot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mumford and Sons is one of my favourite albums ever. Yay!

    ReplyDelete