Friday, December 2, 2011

week 27 - FWQAL

I picked out fabrics for 10 Farmer's Wife blocks the other day, so there has been lots of farming going on this week.
See how super organized I am??  I shove all of the necessary fabrics into the book, and I keep the templates in a ziplock bag.  Um, yeah.  :)
 
I had a love/hate relationship with the five blocks that I made so far this week.  I love how they all turned out in the end, but I didn't enjoy making them all.  Note to self: don't make so many difficult blocks at once.  Geez.
106 - Wild Rose & Square.  This is one of my two favorites from the batch.  I really really like this block, and these are some of my favorite fabrics. 
102 - Whirlpool
107 - Windblown Square.  These two were fun, same block with fabric variations.
105 - Wild Goose Chase.  I love those little geese and the fabrics.  But let me tell you, this block was not my friend.  I don't know what my deal was, but this one drove me nuts.  I used my seam ripper way too many times, and I seriously began to doubt my ability to make a FW quilt during the creation of this block.  Like I said, I don't know what was up, but this block was no fun to make.  I do like the finished product though, thank goodness.  (Sorry for the complaining, just keeping it real!)
99 - W.C.T.U.  Love this one, had fun making it too.  This is my other favorite of the batch.  This was a great one to end on, and I was much happier after this one was done.  Phew.

I have 5 more blocks ready to sew, and I get to work on them tonight.  I am sewing with some friends this evening, and I am really looking forward to it!  The blocks I am doing next are much easier, so it should be fun.

Happy Friday!
xo, A

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

19 comments:

  1. Those are ALL so beautiful!!!! Your fabric choices are wonderful and the blocks are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! The first one and the the last one posted of the bunch are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book has looked exactly like that on more than one occasion. I'm always afraid the binding is going to split right in half! lol I love the wild rose and square block, great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! exactly how i 'organize' for this project too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. block #99 and #106 are extremely good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are gorgeous! and on the up side, you now have lots of hard blocks out of the way! i love your way with color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those blocks are cute! You're doing well. I did laugh out loud, though when I saw the pic of your book stuffed like a turkey ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking blocks.. I understand about the frustration.. I have bought my book and now trying to decide on my color palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it does get discouraging when you rip out more than you sew. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the same thing -- stick the fabric in the book with the block pattern it's for! These turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blocks! I asked Santa for a Farmer's Wife book so here's hoping I can get started on my own FW quilt soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Blocks. I really like what your fabric choice!! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all!!!

    Happy Friday to you -- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those blocks are AMAZING! I think I'm starting the FWQAL in January with Karyn and friends and I can only hope mine are as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh i love these! love them. love the goose chase the best. sorry it was the hardest to make. i find that sometimes when we have the hardest time with a certain block it stretches us and makes us better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I asked for the FW book for Christmas, but this post is making me want to order it right now so I can start making squares. I love the fabrics you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm... we need to see a group shot soon, Angela. You've made so many pretty blocks. I'm curious to see them together!

    ReplyDelete