Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 in review

I am a little late, but I can't move on without doing a little year end wrap up! 
I made 7 quilts, and they were all BIG.  The smallest were twins, and the largest was the king sized Flea Market Fancy quilt.  I don't know if I could pick a favorite, I love each of these quilts for specific reasons.  I also finished up my Good Folks Swoon quilt, but I've been lazy and haven't photographed the finished quilt yet.  Soon, I promise!  If you want to see more pictures and read all of the details on any of the quilts, all of the links are listed on the Quilts tab on the sidebar.
Lots of pillows were sewn too!  They continue to be one of my favorite things so make.  You can find all of the details here
I totally caught the knitting bug!  I have made several cowls for myself and for gifts, and I am currently working on a scarf and socks.  I've fallen hard and am completely addicted.

This year I ventured into pattern designing.  I had two quilts, Starry Eyed and Apple Crate, featured over on the Moda Bakeshop blog, and I have a few more projects coming out in the next year of so.  I also shared a few tutorials here on my blog.  I've have learned so much from online tutorials, so it was nice to do my part.
Farmer's Wife QAL - 2011 recap
And last is the Farmer's Wife quilt-along.  Amanda and I started it as a fun little project to work on together, and it has grown to over 1000 members.  I have spent so many hours on these little blocks, and I really enjoy making them. I'm halfway done with my blocks, and I am looking forward to starting back up with the group in February.

So that is 2011 sewing in a nutshell!  Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog, I hope you know how much I appreciate you.  I wish you and your families a new year full of blessings.

with love, Angela

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Angela! Everything looks so lovely, but I have to tell you -- your Kaleidoscope Pillow is definitely one of my most favorite stitched up items I stumbled across this past year. It's just perfect!

    Here's to another year full of creating and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I love all your quilts so much. Can't wait to get together and sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thanks so much for the tutorials. I am just starting out these last few years and I really love learning from online. Thanks a bunch!! So pretty and so much fun to see all your projects. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made so much great stuff - I can't wait to see what 2012 brings you!!!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of your knitting skills. You had one FANTASTIC year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the Starry Eyed Quilt!
    Happy 2012 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! How about all of those large quilts. What a feat! Everything you made this year is so cute. Happy New Year! I hope you have a wonderful 2012 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog this year. I've got Starry Eyed completely kitted up backing and binding included and I've joined the FW yahoo group too and made a few blocks. I've been knitting for several years and it's enjoyable and so very portable. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela I always enjoy your creativity and your talent. :) Thanks for sharing it all with us. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela, welcome to knitting!! I am currently knitting an eternity scarf because of what I saw here. Love it!! all the best,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great year for you, filled with great project! Totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the about 365 app...I didn't know about it and I am sure that it will help me to complete this project. ;) I also have big dreams this year and would love to do the FWQAL but a little intimidated...I just have to put my big girl pants on and get over it! Ha! Thanks for a great website.

    BTW...you inspired me to do the Honey Cowl and I made one for my sis for christmas and she loved it...it was an easy knit! Thanks for all of the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Flea Market Fancy quilt. Can't wait until they re-release some of the line.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe all you got done in 2011! Also can't wait to see your finished Swoon quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete