Wednesday, February 8, 2012

53.

FWQAL - so far

The Farmer's Wife quilt-along is up and running again this week.  Amanda and I decided to take December and January off.  It seemed like everyone was starting to fall behind due to the holidays, and I know that I was feeling a little burned out.  As much as I love making these little 6 inch blocks, I was ready for a break.  Now I am so excited to be working on them again!  Here are my blocks so far.  My goal was to have 56, which is the halfway mark, so I am just three blocks behind.  Not too bad!  I'll try for 3 a week until I'm all caught up.

FWQAL - so far

It took awhile, but I layed out all of my blocks today.  It has been a long time since I did that, and I am so happy to see them all together.  Many many hours have been put into these blocks.  Some have just a few pieces, but some have close to 60.  Kinda nuts, right?  I am glad that I went scrappy, I love all of the bits and pieces of my favorite fabrics all in the same place.

I'll be back soon with my most recent blocks, I have 5 to share.  Make sure you head over to Amanda's blog to check our her blocks so far, they are wonderful.

xo, Angela

This post is part of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, please feel free to jump in at any time!  More information and previous posts can be found HERE.

27 comments:

  1. Wow! They look lovely all laid out together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how they all look so cohesive even though there are sooo many different fabrics. beautiful.every.one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I think I am at about 30 so I really need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. yours are looking lovely. I have just posted my progress pics on my blog and plan to cut two more today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FWQ is breathtaking. I wish I'd been brave enough to jump on board. I have the book....I have scraps....what's my problem? Well done to both of you for hosting and inspiring. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look fabulous! i agree...love the completely scrappy look that you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are beautiful Angela! :) so cute together (though I'm still holding out...I'll farm when Scarlet is a year old or so). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them altogether! I hope I can get back to my blocks later this year... so much to do, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have you back! Your blocks look great and I love the scrappy look too! I kept going and having 80 blocks completed. I must put them all up for a photo soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to see you back, hope you had a good break. The blocks look fabulous all together, makes me wish i had gone more modern with my choice, but i am loving my "William (Morris) meets the Farmers wife"

      Delete
  10. It's good to see how well the scrappy approach works - I am doing the same thing and am hoping that they will all look as good together as yours when I have finished!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow its going to be fun deciding on the order to sew them in!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so impressed with all your blocks! They're just beautiful all together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I just love all of your blocks together! I just joined the group and am starting my project. I have 6 blocks down...soon to be 53?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh! All of these blocks are so cute :-) Great job staying with it. They're looking so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love how all of the colors in your blocks just sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so great together. I'm having a fun time with this quilt-along, even though some of the blocks frustrate the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. angela! these are so fabulous together! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa, that is a lot of work! This is going to be a beautiful quilt, and worth every stitch. I'm of to look at Amanda's now. Thanks for the quilt eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeep! Your blocks are all so pretty! I really need to get making my blocks again (I think I only have six completed) - I need more time in the day to get all the sewing done I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my favorite versions of FW. You have some great fabrics - it's really fun to look at your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your version of the FWQ! I have seen the pattern/book and never thought to do it. But your color choices on each block are beautiful and make me consider trying this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them all....you give me inspiration to make one myself...using my scraps.....a look forward to the rest of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete