Sunday, February 5, 2012

January.

Hey!  Oh, January went fast, didn't it?  It was a really good month.  When Amanda and I decided to take the holidays off of the Farmer's Wife quilt-along, I decided I was going to take a break from all things crafty... sewing, knitting, and blogging.  Sometimes a break is good, you know?  I sew, knit, and blog because it is fun.  I love it.  But it was too much of a good thing for me, and it was starting to feel like work.  So a break was needed.  I'm not sure how quickly I will jump back into this sewing/bloggy world that we share, but I am happy to be here again.  So how about a little recap?

1.  I made a new bag last week.  I finally felt like firing up the Janome, it had been well over a month since I had turned it on.  I needed a new bag, so I pulled out some Loulouthi yardage that I had bought a few months ago.  I bought it with plans to make pillowcases, but Steve wasn't much of a fan, so I tucked them away.  I rediscovered them the other day while I was raiding my stash for suitable bag fabrics.  I remembered my friend Amanda's Loulouthi birdie sling (pattern by Amy Butler) at the Sewing Summit this fall, and I knew that it was perfect!  I loved it so much, and now I have my own.  It was a quick project that came together in a day, and it is so pretty and big and roomy.


2. I finished the first month of my 365 photo a day project.  I am doing it on my iPad with an app, so it is super quick and easy to do.  The app I am using is called "365 Photo Pro", for those of you who asked me on Instagram.

365 January 

3.  I knit a sock!  I am so proud of myself.  It went so smoothly, and it is so pretty and it actually fits!  It was really fun, and I just started the second sock yesterday.  I am completely obsessed with this color yarn.  It is Oxblood from Madeline Tosh.  I think it would be so pretty as a sweater.  Which is my next knitting goal.  Yes, I am ambitious, aren't I?


Okay, I'm out of here.  Time for some sock knitting and Psych season 4.  I love that show.
xo, Angela

PS - I'll be back soon... the Farmer's Wife quilt-along starts back up this Wednesday!!

22 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I've been wondering what you were up to. Love the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo exciting! I've seen tons of bands live, and Avett is still one of my all time favorite shows. Their energy is unreal. Of course, with two kids we don't make it to shows nearly as often as before. But I'm ecstatic that we are seeing the Black Keys month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can knit a sock, you can knit a sweater. Those double pointed needles and turning a heel are about the hardest things in knitting. Unless you get into lace, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on a first sock!! It's gorgeous - as is the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh your bag is lovely! Very envious :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful choices for the bag Angela! And pretty pretty socks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid it will sound pretty weird if I say I love your sock ;) but the sock is great. Can't wait to see the sweater - I'm sure you will manage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new bag, and I love the Avett Brothers! I'm dying for them to come to Colorado again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know all about blog breaks! They're good. But nice to have you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breaks are good, and make the coming back so much sweeter! I'm an avid Psych fan too!! I frequently put it on while hand quilting or basting. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome- I'm from around the same area as the Avetts and we've seen them in concert at least 10 times. Every time is more awesome than the one before. The last time we saw them was in Raleigh and Bob wasn't supposed to play the show because his daughter was so sick- he showed up and the first song was "Hard Times Come Again No More", then he played the whole show. They are amazing dudes. You're going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to email you to ask if things were ok at your place; but then I figured if you weren't on the blog, you probably weren't on the computer either. Glad things are fine. Love your bag - great fabric.

    I may join your FW's quilt along. This year it's all about finishing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you've finished up the sock, it looks cozy and warm. The bag looks so nice, too... those fabrics have such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you. I love the Avett Brothers. That bag is really cute. I keep telling myself I am going to make a bag but it looks like too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great bag! It looks wonderful in that fabric. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your toes are going to be soo cozy! love the bag also. i have made a few birdie slings but still haven't made one for myself. someday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Birdie Sling! It's one of my favorite patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your my favorite. You knew that right????

    ps: now I want a new birdie sling!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your birdie sling! I've made a couple of those, and I'm always amazed at how roomy they are.
    Also-- I'm totally jealous of your Avett Bros tix! I saw them last year (they're also one of my favorite bands) and they are the most amazing live performers. They bring so much energy to their shows-- you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sock. I just made one with a toe up pattern. But it took forever! 20 hours. I am not a fast knitter. Umm, I think I can buy socks for a lot less money and use my time to knit shawls and Eternity Scarves!

    Would you share your sock pattern name? I guess I should make a second sock and I thought I would try a top down version.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the avett brothers, they are on shuffle rotation when i sew!, and to think you are new to knitting? i have never tried socks!. i love your bag.

    ReplyDelete