Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Swoon

I finished my Swoon quilt last fall sometime, so I thought it was about time to share it here.  I loved making this quilt, every single block.  When Camille first came out with pattern, I was drawn to the huge blocks, and I knew that Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line would be perfect.  I had been looking for the perfect pattern for these large scale prints, and I think this is it.

I picked a light gray solid for the background, I think it goes nicely with the bright prints.  The quilt is backed in my favorite yellow print, which is from Denyse Schmidt's Picnic and Fairground line.  The binding is a coordinating dark purple-y/brown Kona.

I had Sharon of Sweetland of Quilts professionally quilt this on her longarm.  This is the first time I sent out a top to be quilted, and I am so happy I did.  Sharon is a nationally awarded longarm quilter and teacher.  She is talented and helpful, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the finished result.  If you are looking for a quilter, you have to check Sharon out!

quilt stats
quilt top - Good Folks by Anna Maria Horner and Kona Ash
backing - Picnic and Fairgrounds by DS Quilts
binding - Kona Raisin
pattern - Swoon by Camille Roskelley, 80 in x 80 in
pieced and bound by me
professionally quilted by Sharon of Sweetland of Quilts

Sold, thank you!  This quilt is available for sale in my etsy shop.  If you want more details, the listing is here.  It was a joy to make, and I am looking forward to sending it to a new home.

xo, Angela

38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Your swoon was one of the ones I was keeping my eye on last fall when I was making my own. The quilting is absolutely amazing, Sharon did a stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully!! How can you let it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Really stunning. I don't know how you can part with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart this is gorgeous! I love the idea of light grey as the solid - still reads "white/light" but maybe isn't the dirt attracter that white seems to be.

    Man... this is seriously lovely, great color choices and combinations! I am shocked you are selling this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - it's perfect. Someone is bound to snap that up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't know if I could sell that baby. I'd want to curl up in it constantly. Great job, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's beautiful Angela! Though I don't know how you can sell it, I hope someone gets it from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Angela! I don't know how you can part with it, but it will make someone else very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so pretty angela. how on earth could you bear no posting about it for so long? :) it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's too beautiful to part with! I get so attached to my quilts, that if I'm not making it for an intended person, by the time I'm done, I've already placed it on my couch/bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful. I'm sure someone will snap it up right a way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I've been waiting for this Angela! It's beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you made a beautiful quilt. I downloaded the pdf for it but for some reason I dont understand the instructions ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous. The light gray is inspiring. I like it better than white. I have the pattern but haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful quilt! I'm cutting out my fabric this weekend. Finally...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Congrats, hope it gets to a home where it is loved and cared as it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Angela, it looks lovely. To be honest, I'm not usually a fan of longarm quilting but this is really nice - I think you could convert me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS!! There are very few Swoon quilts I don't like, since the pattern seems to make any fabric choice look good, but this is one of my all-time favourites! To echo many comments before mine, I don't know how you can let it go, but I'm sure whomever snags it will love it. And I checked out the listing...you're not charging enough for this lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks amazing! I love the photo where you see the front & back & binding all in one (photo 4). I just pinned it and accidentally put by fussy but! Caught it in time to make it fussy cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wouldn't be able to part with that at all. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! And the quilting is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And a swoony-doodle-doo to you, too! That quilt is a numba-one-stunna. Thank you for sharing your quilting success. I can't wait to make a swoon of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is incredible! I'm so thrilled to finish mine. Your first blocks were the catalyst for me wanting to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so pretty and the quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeep, it turned out gorgeous darling! Hmmm, I might just need to sneak on over to your house and steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Angela your quilt is so beautiful! I will have to add this one to a project for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Swoon is my favorite of all of them! Soooo pretty, the quilting compliments it very well! I might make one like yours, if I ever get back to my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What shade of grey did you use for this quilt? Is it Kona? I love it as an alternative to white.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your quilts. They are so bright and cheery:) I just started a blog come on over and visit me. www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete