Friday, March 23, 2012

monkey!

Monkey socks 
I finished up my Monkey socks last night.  They are my most favorite item I've knit so far!
Monkey socks 
It is a quick and easy pattern, and after a few repeats, I had it memorized.  Made for some nice, (almost) mindless knitting.  You can bet you'll be seeing this pattern again!  I love it.  Ravelled here.
Monkey socks 
We've had a wonderful week.  The weather has been in the 70's and sunny everyday, so we've been spending tons of time outside.  I took these cute pictures this past weekend.  We took the kids fishing and spent the day at our hunting camp.  In this first picture, they are chowing down on the white bread that we use to catch catfish.  We only eat wheat at home, so they love to eat the "fish bread" everytime we fish.  They crack me up.
Fishing this weekend. Finley - 20 months
Have a nice weekend!  We are heading out to see Hunger Games tomorrow.
Wayyy too excited about that.
xoxo, Angela

13 comments:

  1. TOTALLY jealous of your socks...AND you're going to see Hunger Games?! TOO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know how you like the movie compared to the book. I think I remember you had the book? I'm so inspired by your knitting skills. Makes me want to learn right now.

    Ps. Your kids are growing up way to fast. Love those little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!!!! those socks are so so pretty. love the pic of your kiddos, they're so cute. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those look so pretty finished! Jealous and adding them to my make list.
    P.s Finley looks ADORABLE in that last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT socks! We used to make white bread doughball fish bait too! And I'm just finishng book 2 of the Hunger Games--got get busy on the third...Enjoy the movie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are awesome socks, you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so so perfect!!!! I love love love them! And also, Finley's SO dang cute in that last photo! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely socks, they look comfy, but not too warm for spring. Can't wait to see the hunger games too. I loved the books, hope it lives up to the hype :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so cute! i want to knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i could EAT your socks!!! let alone your children's cheekys!! ;D

    x, h

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the sizes for the socks american or UK, on the patterns? Great socks, I really want to knit some, there is some wonderful wool available.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of your knitting skills.

    ReplyDelete