Thursday, May 31, 2012

another birdie sling

a summer bag
I made a new bag for the summer a couple weeks ago!  I still love my first birdie sling, I just wanted something light and bright.  Plus, I like to have options.  I was the kind of kid growing up that rearranged her room once a month.  I love change.  But anyways, back to the bag... :)
a summer bag
I fell in love with this feather print from Martha Negley the first time I saw it on Etsy.  The feathers are beautiful, and I love all of the different colorways.  I also bought the white/pink for a tank and the olive for a project bag! I knew this mustardy yellow would be perfect for a Birdie Sling.
a summer bag
I used quite a bit of my Lush woodgrain stash for the handle.  This has been one of my favorite fabrics for years, so it was hard to use up such a big chunk of what I have left.  I'm glad I did!  I think it looks great with the feathers. 
new socks
I have a new pair of socks on the needles too.  This is a simple pattern called Pillar, and I am using Malabrigo sock yarn in lettuce.  I am loving everything about these socks.

Phew, two blog posts this week?  I'm on a roll. :) 

Have a great weekend!
xo, A

12 comments:

  1. that purse is so beautiful! and i have both those fabrics in my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really really jealous of your sock knitting skills. I'm seriously lacking in the speedy knitting department. Painfully slow? I've got that covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that fabric...super cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is gorgeous Angela. And the yarn colour is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the Birdie Sling too! I've made about 5 or 6 of them (1 for me, and the rest for others) I like adding a magnetic snap to the inside of the top piece just to keep things in place.

    It's the best go to summer bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great print. I thought at first it might be a sneak peek of Anna Maria Horner's new line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag and socks! Hope you're having a great weekend, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this bag have pockets inside?? I think I need to whip up a couple of bags to use for summer. Great socks! Working on a Christmas stocking with some great yarn from a fiberfest. Thinking about socks, but not on the needles yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful fabric! I'd not noticed it before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn you! Now I have to go buy some of the feather fabric. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete