Thursday, July 26, 2012

a lot of knitting.

the start of my first sweater
I am completely smitten with the idea of wearing things that I knit.  Sweaters are on my mind lately.  It is cold here from October to April so sweaters and cardigans are a wardrobe staple.  I started my first sweater last week.  My friend Susannah and I are knitting the Classic Raglan Pullover together (more information here on my ravelry page), and I am a bit nervous about it.  I really don't know what I am doing!  I'm thankful that I have her and some very talented knitting friends online that are so helpful.  Let me tell you... I have a lot of questions.
the start of my first sweater
I guess we'll see how it goes!  I have about a million sweaters/cardigans in my Ravelry favorites, so if this turns out you better believe there will be more.
A new project
I tried it on the other day and snapped this picture.  It was a little too big for my liking, so I ripped it back several inches and went down a size.  I think this will still be a bit large and comfy, but not too sloppy.  I'm about halfway done I'd say... still lots of knitting to do!
So tell me, do any of you knitters have a favorite sweater or cardigan pattern?  Or a favorite sweater yarn?  I'd love to hear all about it!
xo, Angela

11 comments:

  1. oh i love it already, can't wait to see more of it angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater already looks great. I like Cascade 220 also, and I have some beige and green Cascade 220 in my stash for future sweaters. I have made two sweaters from cheaper yarn to "practice" and I think I'm ready now for the good stuff. You can see the second one here:
    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/squaregrannie/-287-plus-size-neck-down-cardigan-for-women-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dreams of knitting little matching cardigans for Scarlet and I... this is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is coming along nicely! Buttony http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/buttony-sweater is one of my favorite things I've knit. Although I haven't made it yet, Snowbird looks fantastic and easy too! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snowbird-2
    Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a crocheter but, knitting is on my list to learn!

    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooooo want to knit a cardigan! I have loads favourited in ravelry but I don't even know enough to work out which is a good first one. I think I need to just go for it! I did socks as my 2nd project though so I'm happy to just jump right in and work it out as I go. You are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, one of my favorite Cascade colors! I look forward to seeing the finished sweater! :) I'm working on my very first sweater as well, hopefully it goes well. I have like a zillion sweater pattern favorites on Ravelry as well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, everything you make is beautiful; I think you will manage sweaters just fine. Keep up the good work and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I've managed many scarves, a few hats and part of a cardigan before I got tired of it and gave up! But sweaters are on my mind lately. Even though it's 95 degrees here with 99% humidity. Thank God for air conditioning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! It looks like a beautiful color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so I'm behind on blog reading and this is now a month late.. Looks great!
    I'm still fairly new to sweater/cardi knitting as I'm drawn to intricate lace shawls. But I am drawn to ones made in fingering weight and have lots of them in my queue.
    My favourite yarn? Old maiden aunt. I'm knitting a cardi in her merino/ silk at the mo, and have yarn for more waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete