Thursday, July 12, 2012

books.

Back in my college days (you know, before the world of sewing blogs and tutorials) I taught myself how to sew and quilt from a book.  I started with templates and hand sewing, then moved on to rotary cutting and sewing machines.  Needless to say, I love quilting books!  During the past year of two, I've had the privilege to contribute projects and patterns to a few different sewing books.

Designing quilts for the Moda Bake Shop has been a blast, so when they asked me to come up with a couple of projects for their second book, I was thrilled! This new book is called Sweet Celebrations with the Moda Bake Shop Chefs.  I have three projects featured in it, and this was the first time that I worked strictly with their Bella solids.  They are wonderful!  While I can't show you the full projects yet, I can tell you that there is a sneak peak in one of the photos below... :)

I can't wait to share more of this book with you.  It is going to be a good one!!  I am very thankful to be included in this collaboration.  And please know that I am so grateful to all of you.  I appreciate every single comment and email, and you make blogging so much fun.  Your encouragement and support means the world to me.

with love,
Angela

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book! Looks like another one that I'll have to add to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting to be asked to contribute ~ I'm loving the projects you've featured ~ especially the Christmas star with the blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three projects. Wow that is great. Can't wait for the book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. You should be very proud. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congraultions Angela. I can't wait to see the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, found your blog today and love it. I have been scrolling through your posts and find it very inspirational. Love the color combos and blocks you have done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thrill this is! So happy for you. Your designs are unique, and your work is wonderful. I'll have to get you to autograph my book when I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really exciting - congratulations! This is why women should rule the world: we wouldn't fight or plan to destroy our neighbours, we would share patterns and sewing advice over tea and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so proud of you - congratulations! I have an idea of which of those projects above is yours and I can't wait to see the full book! Big congrats again darling!!

    ReplyDelete