Thursday, July 5, 2012

habitat Tova tank

Tova tank 2
I fell hard for Jay McCarroll's Habitat when it came out awhile ago.  It was one of the few lines that I bought an entire fat quarter set of.  This prompted some thoughts on how I stash fabrics, and it was quickly cut and sewn into this bow tie quilt.  Out of all of the fabrics, my favorite is the birdseed dots, especially the gray.  This is one of those prints that I throw in so many different projects, and I was sad when I used it all up.  A few months back I finally came across some online, and I snapped up several yards with plans on making a Tova tank.

Habitat tova tank
My feathery tank is still my favorite because that fabric is just the greatest, but this one is a close second.  I did the same adjustments as before, but this time I added some length and brought in the sides a bit more.  I also sewed the bottom of the placket closed so that I can wear it without a tank underneath. 

Habitat tova tank
I am anxiously awaiting these two fabrics for more Tova tanks.  I'm thinking about playing around with the neckline, switching it up a little.  We'll see.

July 4thJuly 4th
Hope that you had a nice 4th of July!  We had a fun time together, here are just a couple shots of our day.  We are celebrating Finley's second birthday next week, I can't even believe it!

xo, Angela

13 comments:

  1. I love the name Finley! And your tank top turned out great you are very talented.

    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top! Makes me almost want to make one. . or go on a shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tank tops look addicting! Family seems so much more important on the 4th. 2 years-sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous tank! I love that print too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the feather print at a local Seattle fabric store yesterday and thought of you immediately! Cute tank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great on you...great job. Are we going to try a cardigan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tops are so flattering on you. I love this latest version :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love this tank! Fabric choice and pattern (though the feathers version is downright decadent), this is definitely going on my list of things to make soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to make like seven of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE that top - was it too difficult to modify the pattern? I've been sewing for quite a while but have never done clothes, so it's a bit of a foreign language to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a great version, but I agree; your feather one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tova, and the fabric is gorgeous. I made a sleeveless Tova recently too, to wear over long sleeved t-shirts (it's winter here). It's a lovely pattern, isn't it - very adaptable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tank! The fabric is just perfect for it and you did a beautiful job with the placket, I'm adding this tank to my must-make list right now!

    ReplyDelete