Wednesday, September 12, 2012

back to it.

garden party - back to it
We sent this cute little guy back to preschool last week, and I am slowly getting back to my sewing machine.  I haven't made a quilt in awhile, my last one was On a Whim back in July.  I decided it was time to pull out my Garden Party pickledish.  I started this waaaaay back here in March, can you believe it?  This will be my long term fall quilting project I think.  It is so nice to work with such gorgeous fabric.
Eli's 1st day of preschool (2nd year)
Eli's 1st day of preschool (2nd year)
And.... I finished knitting my first sweater!!  I am so happy and proud of it.  This is the biggest project I've knitted so far.  Here are a couple quick pictures of it, I will post more of it once I wash and dry it.  It is so cozy and warm.  More details on my ravelry page.
finished sweater!
finished sweater!
xo, Ang

6 comments:

  1. *must learn to knit... that is so pretty!
    and the Garden Party is stunning. :) Hopefully it will inspire me to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater and you made it, give yourself a hug. I am making a quilt similar toward yours and I am nervous with the curves, I need to use lots of pins.
    gasuski@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sweater, congratulations. Oh yeah, really great job on the kids, congrats on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too started a double wedding ring quilt (is there a difference? They look awfully similar!) It's definitely a long term project....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, it looks like the sweater turned out beautifully! Congrats! I'm glad you're able to get back to a little sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your first sweater...what a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete