Thursday, December 20, 2012

millwater #1

millwater 1
Once it starts cooling down around here, my fingers start itching for cowls and scarfs.  This is the Millwater cowl, I finished it last month.  This may be the most enjoyable pattern I have ever knit!  I could not put this project down.  I have been reading a lot lately, and this pattern is so simple and easy... perfect for knitting and reading!  Two of my favorite things.
millwater 1 millwater 1
The yarn is Madeline Tosh DK in antique lace.  I picked up a couple skeins while I was at the Sewing Summit in October.  It is really great yarn.  I love the color, it works with almost everything.
Millwater 1
I highly recommend this pattern to newer knitters.  The stitches are so simple, and the big chunky cable is really easy!  It is a really good project to learn cables on.  I promise it is easier than it looks.  More info and links to the pattern can be found on my ravelry page.
Finished blocking my Millwater cowl!! Love. Yarn is antique lace, Madeline Tosh DK
xo, Ang

10 comments:

  1. Oh that does look cozy on a blustery day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And...I have got to know how you read and knit at the same time?!? Books on tape, or actual reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, the pattern is seriously tempting me!! Great to see you sharing on your blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me want to pick up my needles and start knitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this are really pretty! I do not know how to knit.. but would love (if i ever overcome and not feel intimidated) to try that someday.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts inspired me to learn how to sew & quilt & now your knitting is making me want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love this one so much. that cable just seals the deal. you'd laugh if you saw me trying to learn how to knit last night. I was using you tube, major disaster, ha. I'm having my aunt show me again this weekend. :))))) I was going to try a honey cowl, hoping that's a good beginner project???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ang, just love this!! Have put it in my favourites in ravelry for knitting next Winterr (it's currently Summer where I am and a little too hot for knitting!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so lovely! That color is great on you. And it's even more special since it's from SS, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cowl with that gingham top! The cable on the cowl just sends it over the edge for me. I will be queuing this one up for when I finally get around to finishing the February Lady sweater on my needles right now...

    ReplyDelete