Friday, December 21, 2012

shallows

Shallows scarf Shallows scarf
This scarf is called Shallows.  I knit it for  my mother in law for Christmas.  Her favorite color is green, so I think she will like it.  The yarn is shades of pemberly from the Plucky Knitter. 
Shallows scarf Shallows scarf
This is a great beginner lace project, and the pattern is easy to memorize. So you know what that means.... knitting and reading! I'm so predictable, right? A few of you emailed me and asked how I knit and read at the same time. Well, it has to be easy stitching (knit, purl, or ribbing), and I read on my kindle app in my ipad. I just prop it up in its stand in front of me, and I'm ready to go. Best of both worlds. :)
Shallows scarf
I definitely recommend soaking and then blocking this project with lace wires. Once it is wet and stretched out, the yarn relaxes and the lacework shows wonderfully. You can definitely block without wires, I just find it to be a lot more effective with this kind of project.  Ravelled here.
 
xo, Ang

14 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! I really need to learn to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work! The color is gorgeous. And now I'm committed to learning to knit and read at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty scarf ~ love the color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely gorgeous! as is the Millwater you knit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! The color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you'd share the colorway of the scarf. I saw a glimpse from your earlier post, it's a gorgeous color. Elizabeth Zimmermann would be so proud of your knitting while reading skills. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize one could knit whilst reading! That may be enough push to get me to start a project.

    Reading and cozy knitting? Check and check?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so talented! I only crochet and hold your knitters in great awe :-) Its a lovely scarf and I know your MIL will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work and gorgeous color! Your MIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Shades of Pemberly" from Pride & Prejudice. Ha! Love it. If you haven't read it, you should...while you knit. :)

    ReplyDelete