Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 in review

Well, I guess it is time to get my lazy butt in gear and write my 2012 year in review post.  Better late than never!  I really love reading all of these recap posts every new year.  Looking back on this year, it is interesting to see how my crafting time has changed.  I started 2012 with a sewing related neck injury that kept me from quilting and a major sewing burnout from too many deadlines.  That meant less quilts, but still plenty of crafting time.  That has always been a constant in my life, something I can't live without.  I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you from 2012.
 
swoon
 
My two favorite quilts from this year are my Swoon quilt (above), and On a Whim (below).  They both live in other homes now, and I'd really like to make another of each.
 
a new project
 
My favorite bag is this birdie sling.  I'm adore that feather fabric, and Lush woodgrain is one of my alltime favorite prints ever!
 
a summer bag
 
Can you believe I only made one pillow this entire year???  I think it was a special one though.  This was a gift for the daughter of a new friend.  I really love that pillow.
 
Horse pillow pocket
 
2012 was a big year for garment sewing for me!  I made several tops and dresses, and these two are my favorites.  I told you I love this Farmington print from Martha Negley!  Most of my garments, including links to individual blog posts, can be found here in a set on my flickr page.
 
Tova tank new Tovas

One of my biggest accomplishments was contributing to two sewing books this year.  I feel so honored and bless to have had these opportunities.  Somebody pinch me! :)

 Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays
Last but not least is knitting.  There was a crazy amount of knitting.  Socks, cowls, shawls, scarves, hats, and my first sweater. My favorite of the year is my Holden shawl, I am so proud of it.  You can see all of my knitting projects here on flickr, and there are tons of details over on my Ravelry page.
 
Holden lots of knitting Pillar Socks
 
2012 was a great crafty year for me, and I am looking forward to seeing how my interests evolve in 2013. As always, thank you so much for joining me here in my space. My little corner of the web wouldn't be the same without you, and I am really glad you are here.
 
Blessings to you and your families in this new year!
with love,
Angela
 
PS - 2011 in review can be found here.

14 comments:

  1. such beautiful makes angela! good work. can't wait to see what you make this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talented, busy lady! You created such beautiful things in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made beautiful things!!!
    I wish I could find that stablemates fabric! it would be perfect for my friends daughter!
    Love your little pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely year in review Angela! Those two quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've LOVED getting to know you through IG and your blog this year! Here's to another great crafty year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, incredible. I feel like everything you touch turns to gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela your knitting in particular inspires me. I know you've only been doing it for a year and a half and I just love what you've been able to make in that time. I've resolved to get back into it myself and relearn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful projects! so gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combo on the Swoon quilt and also I wish I knew how to knit socks and a sweater id be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautifully creative year! I have loved the Swoon pattern since I first saw it, maybe I'll need to make one some day. That feather fabric in your bag or wonderfully different.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking back you accomplished a lot, love the knitting, you inspired me to get my needles out again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You got a lot done this past year. Everything is beautiful! You are very talented. Congratulations on being published in two books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. `I did a picot edge on a shawl this year and I was afraid to start, but I love the way it turned out. Sometimes you've just got to jump in! Looks like you did that this past year...Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete