Saturday, January 26, 2013

knitting hats

blue rosebud blue rosebud
 
Okay, so I love knitting hats. Well these two at least! The blue hat is called Rosebud, and it was a fun knit. The chunky cable is cute and it fits really well.  Apparently it runs large, so I ended up making a few modifications.  You can read about it over here on Ravelry.  This was a Christmas gift, but I think I'd like to make another slouchier version for myself.

hunting hat for Steve
a hat for hunting
 
This orange hat was my first, and it was requested by my husband.  He doesn't often ask for specific handmade items, so of course I had to make it for him.  He wanted a simple orange hat for hunting.  The color ended up not being bright enough to actually wear while hunting, but he loves it and wears it all the time.  Eli likes to steal it and wear it too.  Ravelled here.

I have a couple projects on the needles right now, but I have some lovely Plucky Knitter yarn waiting to become this pretty hat.  Can't wait!

Happy weekend!
Angela

10 comments:

  1. Those hats are so cute! I am envious because I don't know how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job ; ) your wee ones are precious

    ReplyDelete
  4. These hats look great! I love the cabled one, the color is fantastic. And you lucked out with some really adorable models!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hats ~ especially the Rosebud. I'm on a mitts and hats kick and have made so many lately. Getting gifts made for next Christmas (I was way behind last year).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hats too! Such a fun way to try out new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been busy with knitting hats, dishrags and socks. I need to get back to doing some quilting also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love knitting hats... so quick and satisfying!

    Your kids are so cute btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that yarn on the first hat. Hubs just asked for a blue knit hat, may have to check out that seller.

    ReplyDelete