Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a Valentine's Day pillow and some news!

Heart pillow Heart pillow
I pulled out my Valentine's Day pillow last week, and I realized that I never shared pictures here!  I made this pillow last year for John Adam's book, Pretty in Patchwork Holidays.  Can you believe that this is my only Valentine's Day decoration??  We are all about Christmas over here, and we actually keep our (fake) tree up from the day after Thanksgiving until the end of January.  I think we are all feel a holiday decoration overload after that, so we keep it pretty simple in February.
Heart pillow Heart pillow
I loved making this pillow!  I dug out all of my favorite pink and red fabrics and paired them with a gray Moda crossweave.  I can't get enough of those Munki gnomes, Aneela's puppies, and those red ladybugs!  If you want to make this pillow, you can find the pattern in John's book.  There are so many great patterns in it.
Now I have some beans to spill!  This blog has been pretty quiet lately right?  I've been busy for the past few weeks because I've been writing for the Craftsy blog!  Craftsy is such an amazing website, if you haven't checked it out yet you really need to.  I was completely flattered when they asked me to write for them.  What a great opportunity!  I am writing informational pieces about my favorite activity... quilting!  Head on over and check out the blog, and here is my author's page.  I have one live post so far, and there are many more to come. :)
 
Hope you are well!!  Miss you guys.
xo, Ang 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Informative article, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pillow! And I've found my inspiration for my Valentine's decoration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect pillow! Maybe I do need to get that book. I am going to go check out Craftsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I still light my little Christmas tree up every evening. It brightens dark winter evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ha! That back photo of this pillow is exactly what I needed to move forward. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete