Wednesday, February 20, 2013

millwater again.

Millwater 2
Some of you noticed this purple cowl in my previous posts and asked about it.  I shared it over on my Ravelry page, but forgot to post about it here!  This is my second Millwater cowl, and it is the first thing I've made out of yarn by the Plucky Knitter.  The yarn En Vogue on Primo Worsted base, and it is my most favorite yarn that I have ever used!  It is so soft and squishy, especially after blocking. 
Millwater 2 Millwater 2
I really really love the Millwater cowl, so much that I am sure there will be a third at some point.  I've said it before, but it truly is an easy knit and a great way to learn how to cable.  Plus, the finished object is gorgeous, I can't get enough of that chunky cable!  I made a small modification on this cowl to make it thinner and longer, and all of that info can be found here on Ravelry. The tan Millwater blog post is here
Millwater 2 Millwater 2
I also wanted to share a little bit of information for all of you that have asked me about buying Plucky Knitter yarn.  If you want to purchase it, I suggest you sign up for the newletter on her blog.  Sarah has shop updates regularly and always sends out emails to keep us in the loop.  There is also a really great Ravelry group that has a destash thread where you can buy yarn from other knitters.  I have bought and sold quite a bit of yarn there, it is wonderful!  I hope that helps a little and that you can get your hands on some Plucky yarn. :)
Millwater 2
Back to knitting for me!  Today we are enjoying a quiet, snowy morning at home.
xo, Ang

6 comments:

  1. I started my first Millwater (in Plucky Primo Worsted in Message in a Bottle) yesterday, inspired by your first one! I felt so capable after crossing just two cables. I am a real knitter now, you know?! Keep the knitting project ideas coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so talented angela! this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, your cowl is stunning. I am 2/3 way through one too but have never blocked a cowl before. Was it difficult? Did you use wires? Do you stretch it unite a bit in length when you block it?

    My email dmpenn@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cowl ~ I love making cables. Finished up a pair of mitts not long ago with cables ~ I may have to make this cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really tempting me to start obsessing over Plucky Knitter yarn--I just came back from their blog. Yes, I better sign up because I can see it is hard to come by. The color of your cowl is gorgeous. So IF I can get some yarn and find the pattern, will you help me?

    Also your t-shirt is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete