Wednesday, June 19, 2013

sewing (and blogging) again.

#widrn sent in my Craftsy articles for the week, now I am cutting up pretty pretty strips and roasting broccoli for lunch. Tagging @heyporkchop @provhandmade @lucyandnorman What are you up to ladies?  Added a bunch of fabrics and got a good start on cutting. These prints and colors are making me sooo happy.
Hey guys!  I've been sewing again.  And it feels so so good.  It has been a long break, hasn't it?  For the winter months I was preoccupied with knitting. Winter and yarn go hand in hand for me.  After that, I was and continue to be so busy writing for the Craftsy blog.  I love my job.  But right now crafting is tricking for me, I have so little free time with the kids.  I realize that this won't last long, having the kids around so much, and I am enjoying my time with them very much.  Come fall things will change.  It will be the first time that all my kids will be in school at the same time.  I am already dreading it!  Now that we are all home for the summer, I've been able to get more sewing time in.  I feel like I've been bit by the sewing bug again!  I want to sew all the things.  It is nice to feel inspired.

Thinking.I think I like it.
 

UntitledNo batting or backing, guess I'll have to wait a few days to finish this one. Guess ill have to start something new!

I am trying to sew and knit from my current stash, so I pulled out this lovely stack of soft colored fabrics a couple weeks ago.  I love herringbone quilts and came up with this simple pattern to showcase the fabrics.  I'm sure there is some kind of pattern or tutorial out there for a similar block, but I just winged it. 

Basting with this baby doll. I haven't used pins in forever, input of spray. Untitled

Each stage of the quilting process has been completely enjoyable.  Except for the basting, I never like that part.  This time was especially not-fun because I was out of basting spray.  It has been so long since I've pin basted!  I quilted the entire throw yesterday afternoon, it didn't take too long at all.  I used a meandering pattern since that is the most fun for me.  Quilting around those pins wasn't as bad as I remember!  Now I need to slap some binding on, I'm so anxious to sit on the couch and hand sew the binding down... My most favorite part.

I hope you are well, those of you who have stuck with me here through all of those quiet months.  Maybe next time I'll remember to pull out my real camera while I'm sewing so that I have more than instagram pictures to share.  I completely forgot, I'm out of habit when it comes to blogging.  At least I have these!  I'm hoping to be in this space more, I have missed it.

xo, Ang

15 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back. Your wonderful creativity has been missed. Your quilt looks so pretty. I hope you show a finished photo. Enjoy your family while you have a chance, it won't be long and they will be gone doing their own thing. Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely quilt! Can't wait to see it complete :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think life is full of seasons--of course, there will be times when knitting won't do it for you, or quilting, or reading, or whatever. I am trying to learn to love and embrace those cycles, and make the most of them. Good to see you sewing again! I started following you right at the beginning of the knitting time, and that has been awfully fun to see too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just checking you blog the other day to see if I had missed anything new. Glad to see you here again. I added the Craftsy blog to my bloglovin so I can see your posts over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hoping a blog post was coming soon ever since I saw these photos on instagram! I know things get busy, but it makes me happy to see you sewing again. Your blog was one of the first blogs I started following and it remains one of my favorites. It's great to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela,
    I am so happy to see you back. I would love to be at home with my kids for the summer...but it is what it is! I hope you continue on your sewing bug, your quilt it lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to hear from you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt. It's good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to have you back! Can't wait to see this one finished up! Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep forgetting to add the Craftsy blog to my feed. I'll do that as soon as I finish this comment :) I can't wait to see your quilt all finished up. It looks perfect so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see you back! Can't wait to see the finished quilt - the WIP is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, you have been missed. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are following the path for you, it will show through your creations. And this soft quilt is proof of that. Gorgeous! We will be here when you are around to share...enjoy the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous work, am a new follower found you as I googled basting a patchwork cushion and your lovely tutorial popped up ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy to see what you are up to on Instagram but it will be nice to have you back here too. I know what you mean about more than Instagram pictures...my "real" camera is feeling very neglected.

    ReplyDelete