Friday, July 26, 2013

finally binding and a new project

I threw the binding on my herringbone quilt a couple weeks ago, but it has been too hot to sit down on the couch to sew it down.  Today we are heading out of town, and I am so excited to settle in with an audiobook and some hand sewing.  We are going to listen to the second Hunger Games book, I haven't read it in awhile.  The movie comes out this fall, right?  I like to be prepared.
herringbone binding
In the meantime, I've been sewing like a crazy woman.  When I'm into something, I'm all in.  Can you tell?  And I am into quilts again.  Feels so good.
Garden Fence
Garden Fence
I started this quilt the same day I put the binding on the herringbone one.  I've had some leftover Little Apples fabric laying around, and I thought this would be perfect.  The pattern is Garden Fence, a free one by Hyacinth Designs.  It is fun and easy, I highly recommend it!
Garden Fence
Hope you have a great weekend!  Can you believe that next week is August??  xo, A

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, that pattern looks fab am off to check it out ... have a good weekend ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO like you, when we are into something it's "balls to the walls"!! ;) all your work is looking fantastic!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Garden Fence....I have a purple and yellow version cut out and ready to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you're back into quilting! I miss seeing your fabric goodness. :) Also I wouldn't have started knitting if it weren't for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. I look forward to seeing its progress :)

    ReplyDelete