Tuesday, August 20, 2013

fresh flowers quilt

fresh flowers herringbone quilt
fresh flowers herringbone quilt
fresh flowers herringbone quilt
My herringbone quilt has been done for a couple weeks now, and I finally found the time to photograph it yesterday.  This was such a fun quilt to make.  I've always loved herringbone quilts, it is about time I made one!  I didn't use a pattern for this one, I just drew a quick sketch and the cut 2.5" strips.  I especially love all of these fabrics together.
fresh flowers herringbone quilt fresh flowers herringbone quilt fresh flowers herringbone quilt
quilt stats
fabric - Freshcut by Heather Bailey, plus coordinates from my stash
pattern- modified herringbone, my own
backing and binding - DS Quilts
pieced and quilted by me

This quilt is available in my Etsy shop, if you are interested!  Update: SOLD, thank you!!  Now the kids and I are off, time to get some shopping done before we go fishing and swimming at the pond this afternoon.  I cannot believe that school starts next week!  xo, Ang

previous posts on this quilt:
sewing and blogging again
finally binding

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt. Looks just like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty. Everything works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And this is the second quilt I've seen today backed in that print, so I guess I'm heading back to JoAnn . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its stunning! what a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for making my morning with this beautiful quilt! I absolutely love the colors and your photos are fabulous. I am inspired to get out a pile of Fresh Cut that I have had for ages and start sewing it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fresh looking. Boo. Summer is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I started one a while back for my sister and haven't finished it yet... I definitely should! What a motivator you are. You are totally right about the basting spray in your previous post, too. You definitely can't go back to pins once you've experienced that. Thanks Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love it, love it. The colours work so well together. I just found your blog today and love everything you make. So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete