Monday, August 5, 2013

Little Apples quilt top

little apples garden fence
My Little Apples quilt is almost finished, but I wanted to share some pictures of the process before I finish stitching on the binding.  When it comes to quilting and quilt blogs, I am one of those readers that loves seeing the entire process.  I love the finished object, of course, but it always means more to me when I've seen the process unfold first.  That is why I like to share the way I do.  It also reminds me of what I went through during the making of each quilt.  Most of my quilts I gift or sell, so these posts are the nicest reminders for me when they are gone.  That is the main point of this blog, in case you are wondering.  It is pretty much my crafting journal.
little apples garden fence little apples garden fence
Anyways, I really happy with this quilt top.  I am a big fan of all of my friend Aneela's fabric lines for Moda, this one included.  I decided to added some black and white to the mix, I'm glad I did!  When I first made the blocks and laid them out on my floor, I wasn't sure about that decision so I ended up stacking them up and putting them away for a couple weeks.  I guess I just needed to look at them with fresh eyes, because when I pulled them back out, I loved them!  Does that ever happen to you?  I'm so glad that I didn't change a thing. 

Hope you are having a great week!  with love, Angela

14 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time, which is good because I started quilting in high school (before it was cool!) and I have recently pulled some of those out to fix and/or finish. I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I have every one of Aneelas fabric lines ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the black in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black pezzy print really adds some pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always seem to choose the perfect pattern to showcase the fabric! I love Aneela's fabrics as well & your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful, crisp and clean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is gorgeous! I too am a fan of Aneela's fabric, I have a pretty good stash. I like the way the square blocks show off her cute little people. I love the added black fabric, especially the text :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your style anglea. I can definitely spot your stuff when I see it! :) And I was just thinking about that last night, I hardly ever show my mid process stuff. Even though I don't make that many quilts I just feel like they don't look how I envision them until they're all done. Maybe that's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect way to use these fabrics! I agree those pops of black give it an edgier tone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I can't get your subscribe button to work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this quilt top!! So sweet!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just found this site. Love your quilt. Is there anyplace I can find the cutting dimensions/pattern? It's perfect for one I've been thinking about.

    ReplyDelete